Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area VI Championships April 17-19

Thanks to all the folks who put on the match this weekend. It was a great time at a great range. I cant wait for the next one!

Blake

It was cool to finally get a chance to see you shoot in person (My buddy was pretty stoked to. I think he has a "man crush" on you and Tomasie). I remember watching the Matt Burkett DVD and just sitting there like "Who the "F" is that!?" Your friggin' quick man!

Good job and good luck in your future endeavors.

--Lanzo

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Susan!!! Bobby...you should be proud! Not too bad yourself. I wish I could have gone. GORGEOUS range!

Rich

She did a GREAT job Rich, thanks, I am VERY proud of her. Now I didn't have such a good match. Times were good but my shooting got kinda sloppy. I was shooting wildly. My focus was on my foot speed and getting from array to array and not on sight picture and trigger control. Now that I know I can find the foot speed I am going to bring the rest back into the equation. Looks like the Mississippi Sectional is now on the agenda, apps went out in the mail today. Going to start loading videos here in a minute of the shooting then I'll post a link.

I had a fantastic time at Area 6... This was my 1st match beyond the Club Level, but it certainly won't be my last! Shot on Squad #1 with Kay & Jerry Miculek, Chris Patty, Corey Estill, Clint Upchurch and several other GREAT shooters! The match crew did a fantastic job and I'm looking forward to the 2010 match!

WOW! :surprise:

You were squadded with Corey Estill?

:D

Long, but I hope a good read.

I can't imagine a better weekend. I got to spend 3 days doing what I love most with 350 of my closest friends! I know there were folks who finished better than I did in the match results, but I'd wager hard cash that no one had more fun than I did! You might have had as much fun, but not more. And, squad 25 rocked!

Curt Cooper - OPN

John W. Golson - LTD

Robert Keating - LTD

Tony Marcellino - LTD

Nevitt Morton III - PRD (You WILL hear more about this young man in the future -- crisp, focused, damn-fine shooter and a pleasure to be shooting with)

Michael Myers - LTD

Mark A. Ramsey - SSTK

Martin Robbins - Limited 10 (namesake of the Legendary C&W singer)

Marty Rubin - LTD (As far as I know, the oldest competitor and the highest HF at the chrono -- 195!)

Brian Smith - OPN

Cody W Tucker - PRD

John E. Tucker - PRD

I was running stage 12 on Friday and I've got to tell you, there were some stellar performances turned in on the shoot house. Unfortunately, one of the best made it's way into the trash can...

With the exception of Smitty (top-notch shooter Shannon Smith from FLA) I ran the best of the best through that stage (my kingdom for a hat cam!). It was a little choppy and caused you to post up in several places to get the targets as presented without making a 180-degree turn for home, and that's the only thing that gave my fat butt a snowball's chance of staying anywhere near these guys through the CoF. Blake Miguez, Manny Bragg (one of the truly coolest guys I've met in 9 years of doing this), Max, Travis, Daniel Horner (and the list goes on) did some amazing things.

And then there was Billy....

Local SingleStack GM William Munier blew through the CoF and got out the back door, and shot the activator for the pendulum, in 13.71(!) seconds. As he turned to engage the last three targets we both realized the slider wasn't sliding. It had jumped the track during reset and was hung. His plan to that point meant not waiting on the slider, which many did. Based on running the folks I did, I predict his time would have been 16-something. His reshoot was 20.

Considering the fastest time on the stage was 16.00, with a fat Limited gun, and Bill had to make 3-4 reloads, I believe his was destined to be one of the high factors on that stage -- especially with a skinny gun. I can't express how heartbroke I am over this. It's my fault and I claim that. A thing of beauty was tarnished by my lack of attention. Bill, I'm sorry, dude.

Besides that, I made some new friends and had a chance to say Hi to some old ones. To those I missed, I'll catch you at the next match!

Hey Lamer, that ISN'T Blake Miguez you're talking to. ;) Now ground pound until I tell you to stop :P

:surprise: I sir...am a jackass. I'm sure that guy is fast too though ;)

LMAO

--Lanzo

yea...I'm not quite on his level just yet.. :surprise: ..and a few years his junior, but I did walk away with 3rd in my division!

Long, but I hope a good read.

I can't imagine a better weekend. I got to spend 3 days doing what I love most with 350 of my closest friends! I know there were folks who finished better than I did in the match results, but I'd wager hard cash that no one had more fun than I did! You might have had as much fun, but not more. And, squad 25 rocked!

Curt Cooper - OPN

John W. Golson - LTD

Robert Keating - LTD

Tony Marcellino - LTD

Nevitt Morton III - PRD (You WILL hear more about this young man in the future -- crisp, focused, damn-fine shooter and a pleasure to be shooting with)

Michael Myers - LTD

Mark A. Ramsey - SSTK

Martin Robbins - Limited 10 (namesake of the Legendary C&W singer)

Marty Rubin - LTD (As far as I know, the oldest competitor and the highest HF at the chrono -- 195!)

Brian Smith - OPN

Cody W Tucker - PRD

John E. Tucker - PRD

I was running stage 12 on Friday and I've got to tell you, there were some stellar performances turned in on the shoot house. Unfortunately, one of the best made it's way into the trash can...

With the exception of Smitty (top-notch shooter Shannon Smith from FLA) I ran the best of the best through that stage (my kingdom for a hat cam!). It was a little choppy and caused you to post up in several places to get the targets as presented without making a 180-degree turn for home, and that's the only thing that gave my fat butt a snowball's chance of staying anywhere near these guys through the CoF. Blake Miguez, Manny Bragg (one of the truly coolest guys I've met in 9 years of doing this), Max, Travis, Daniel Horner (and the list goes on) did some amazing things.

And then there was Billy....

Local SingleStack GM William Munier blew through the CoF and got out the back door, and shot the activator for the pendulum, in 13.71(!) seconds. As he turned to engage the last three targets we both realized the slider wasn't sliding. It had jumped the track during reset and was hung. His plan to that point meant not waiting on the slider, which many did. Based on running the folks I did, I predict his time would have been 16-something. His reshoot was 20.

Considering the fastest time on the stage was 16.00, with a fat Limited gun, and Bill had to make 3-4 reloads, I believe his was destined to be one of the high factors on that stage -- especially with a skinny gun. I can't express how heartbroke I am over this. It's my fault and I claim that. A thing of beauty was tarnished by my lack of attention. Bill, I'm sorry, dude.

Besides that, I made some new friends and had a chance to say Hi to some old ones. To those I missed, I'll catch you at the next match!

13 seconds!? You turd. You told me my mid to high 20 was good!! Maybe you just meant "for my skill level" ;)

Great job. You ran the stage in your usual fashion :D

See you at Cool Springs.

--Lanzo

Hey Lamer, that ISN'T Blake Miguez you're talking to. ;) Now ground pound until I tell you to stop :P

LMAO

--Lanzo

yea...I'm not quite on his level just yet.. :surprise: ..and a few years his junior, but I did walk away with 3rd in my division!

Ha. Well...no worries. Anybody who knows me knows i've always been absent minded. Nice job! Same as I meant to say to him goes to you as well. Good luck!

--Lanzo

This was our first time shooting Area 6. What a fine range and superb, hard working staff! Enjoyed the stage design and the nice mix.

We had to resist the urge to wander over and watch Sarah shoot. It's a good thing we were 3 squads apart even though it would have been something to witness a few of the stages she did extremely well on.

At the end of the day when she was walking back through the range with squadmates Kay and Jerry with a big smile on her face really says it all. We knew she had enjoyed the day.

Thanks again,

Sue and Steve

This was our first time shooting Area 6. What a fine range and superb, hard working staff! Enjoyed the stage design and the nice mix.

We had to resist the urge to wander over and watch Sarah shoot. It's a good thing we were 3 squads apart even though it would have been something to witness a few of the stages she did extremely well on.

At the end of the day when she was walking back through the range with squadmates Kay and Jerry with a big smile on her face really says it all. We knew she had enjoyed the day.

Thanks again,

Sue and Steve

Anyone who hasn't had the chance to watch Sarah Irish yet... watch out! That girl can shoot and we WILL be hearing more about her in the future! I had the pleasure to be squadded with Sarah and the misfortune of having to shoot right behind her on every stage. Now, my speed can best be described as "snail's pace", but after following Sarah, my shooting seemed like someone walking through Jell-O! ;)

She's a fine young lady (way to go, Sue and Steve!) and I very much enjoyed watching her blaze along!

13 seconds!? You turd. You told me my mid to high 20 was good!! Maybe you just meant "for my skill level" ;)

See you at Cool Springs.

--Lanzo

High 20's *was* good.

His was better.

:)

See you at Cool Springs.

--Lanzo

High 20's *was* good.

His was better.

:)

LMAO. Truer words were never spoken.

--Lanzo

Thanks again,

Sue and Steve

Lets just say, when she shot Off with your hands, she didn't say a word just turned and had a smile from ear to ear.

I had a fantastic time at Area 6... This was my 1st match beyond the Club Level, but it certainly won't be my last! Shot on Squad #1 with Kay & Jerry Miculek, Chris Patty, Corey Estill, Clint Upchurch and several other GREAT shooters! The match crew did a fantastic job and I'm looking forward to the 2010 match!

WOW! :surprise:

You were squadded with Corey Estill?

:D

I'll sign your glock sunday :roflol:

Area 6 was my first Area match back in 2007, and my second major, period. I love the range and the people who run it, and it seems to get better and better each year. (Plus I'm a sucker for a steel stage.)

Also, just so it knows we appreciate it, let's have a big hand for the weather, which held off until we were finished on Sunday, more or less.

Finally, I concur that Squad 22 was a great squad. I was constantly having to mess with my guns and didn't work as hard as I would have liked, but we never slowed down due to lack of help pasting and setting. Cheers!

H.

Matt Griffin

LMAO

--Lanzo

Ha. Well...no worries. Anybody who knows me knows i've always been absent minded. Nice job! Same as I meant to say to him goes to you as well. Good luck!

--Lanzo

Ben,

We used to call that stepping on our.....slide racker...with golf shoes. Amazing you shot so well with your tongue hanging out every time a certain female Team Glock shooter walked by....... :surprise::roflol:

Mark K

P.S. As a limited shooter, I couldn't have better shooters to have "man crushes" on than Travis Tomassi, and Blake MIGUEZ

Hopefully by next year you will be a B Open shooter.......With your own equipment! :wacko:

Edited by Mark K

LMAO

--Lanzo

--Lanzo

Ben,

We used to call that stepping on our.....slide racker...with golf shoes. Amazing you shot so well with your tongue hanging out every time a certain female Team Glock shooter walked by....... :surprise::roflol:

Mark K

P.S. As a limited shooter, I couldn't have better shooters to have "man crushes" on than Travis Tomassi, and Blake MIGUEZ

Hopefully by next year you will be a B Open shooter.......With your own equipment! :wacko:

Besides, Alan and I could not afford to subsidize your trip to the Nationals........how are you going to get there?? :unsure:

Ima45DV8 pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly. Even the one about the smoking all Alpha 20 second run in the shoothouse that never made its way to the stat shack. I had a great time and it was a great match as could be expected from Bill and Cindy and our very own stage/match designer Larry Turner. I always get a kick out of the fact that it takes a solid week of blood,sweat and tears to build those stages and in an hour they are all torn down by such a fine and dedicated RO staff. Without the RO's.....these matches we love so much would not be possible.

My hats off to everyone involved in making all these matches possible. :cheers:

Any videos???? :unsure:

When SingleStack gets back in town, maybe he will post a few. We managed to get some good footage of ima45dv8, flattop, singlestack and tm262.

Thanks to Cindy, Bill, Larry, all of the staff and everyone that came out to play with us at South River. I can't wait until next year.

I loved the range setup and the weather was absolutely fabulous! It was nice to finally meet some Enos members too. The ROs were really working their butts off when I shot Saturday and I gotta give major props to the folks taking care of Stage 1/steel stage. Now they definitely had patience. Everybody from Squad 5, I didn't know any of you when I shot my first stage, but by the 12th stage I felt like I knew you guys forever! :) For anyone who is in the local area who hasn't shot an Area match yet, this is the place to be at!