Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area VI Championships April 17-19

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to coming, it's always a great match. I may even get to fire my IPSC pistol, for the first time since last fall, before I come. Wouldn't that be great?!?! :rolleyes:

See you all there.

This is the range I grew up shooting at before I knew anything about USPSA. I miss having a great range to go to. Of course, then Blackwater ruined me when I was in Norfolk. It's all down hill from there, and I only got to shoot there once a month. Wish I could join you guys. I do seem to remember it gets muddy at South River Gun Club if you catch it during the wrong weather.

Editted for pronoun clarification.

Edited by Erucolindon

For anyone that shot at A6 for one day last year, about what time were you guys packing up? I'm trying to see if it's a realistic goal to leave right after the match and go straight to Virginia on the same evening (before midnight)...

60% percent chance of rain forecast for Friday. In Georgia, "April showers bring May flowers".

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USGA...pnav_undeclared

Safe to plan for temps that reach mid to upper 60's for the high and down in the low 40's for a low. While it could get above 75, I don't see much chance of it. Though stranger things have happened, like this in South Alabama on the 1st of March:

DSC00111800x600.jpg

DSC00103800x600.jpg

DSC00104800x600.jpg

Now you have us scared! We can handle rain, but we only get cold weather a few days each year. Snow? Is that the white stuff that is cold?

Thanks, Buddy

My forecast only goes to Wednesday but it shows 77 as a high, should be very comfortable. :cheers:

Here's what I found.

Thursday, Apr 16 Times of clouds and sun Low: 57 °F High: 76 °F

Friday, Apr 17 Sunny intervals Low: 58 °F High: 76 °F

Saturday, Apr 18 A shower in the a.m.; cloudy Low: 44 °F High: 73 °F

Sunday, Apr 19 Partly sunny and colder Low: 39 °F High: 62 °F

Here's what I found.

Thursday, Apr 16 Times of clouds and sun Low: 57 °F High: 76 °F

Friday, Apr 17 Sunny intervals Low: 58 °F High: 76 °F

Saturday, Apr 18 A shower in the a.m.; cloudy Low: 44 °F High: 73 °F

Sunday, Apr 19 Partly sunny and colder Low: 39 °F High: 62 °F

Weather.com had 60% rain friday and sat.

In appreciation for the substantial up-tick in business, the match hotels have installed (at considerable expense) state of the art real-time weather monitoring devices for the Area 6 competitors. Stop by the weather station located near the front entrance for a quick before heading to the range.

"The Weather Rock"

If rock is wet, it is raining.

If rock is green, it rained a while ago.

If rock is white, it is snowing.

If rock is shaking, there is an earthquake.

If rock is dry, the weather is fair.

If rock is swinging, it's windy.

If rock is warm, the sun is out.

If rock is not visible, it's dark outside.

If rock is under water, there is a flood.

If rock is gone, there is a tornado (Run!!)

In appreciation for the substantial up-tick in business, the match hotels have installed (at considerable expense) state of the art real-time weather monitoring devices for the Area 6 competitors. Stop by the weather station located near the front entrance for a quick before heading to the range.

"The Weather Rock"

Man, those things are accurate as can be....never wrong!

"The Weather Rock"

I haven't seen 'The Weather Rock' in years!!

:cheers:

Helped set up a few stages today, makes about 5-6 that are ready to go. I have to work until Thursday which is about how long it will take for my hands to stop hurting from sledgehammering steels into the damn bedrock. The stages that are ready are looking good.!!

Edited by boz1911

I have a question, why did you guys make field of steel so much easier this year.....well compared to last year. Looking at it there is only one 8 shot array. The hardest part looks to be the plates waaaay back there. Not saying it looks easy just looks easier than last year.

Stage 1 (Field of Steel II) will be challenging in different ways this year, there is some long shots on small steel, but it is also carved up so round count is also an issue, there may only be one position with an 8 shot array, but some of the arrays will take 8+ rounds, even though less than 8 targets.

I will make it a challenge, but also shootable for the less skilled shooter too. Don't really want anyone running out of mag's or rounds this year, but I suspect it will still happen.