Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weekend Class with Max Michel and Travis Tomasie

kgunz11

I've talked to Max about putting on a class and he and Travis have agreed to do one in the Spring. Class is limited to 12 folks and it is going to be 2 long hard days of shooting. I don't know what all they are going to teach in the class but it will NOT be a "basics" class. At the end of the class we will have a match to implement some of the teaching. One of the things Max said he wanted to teach was stage breakdown.

The class will be held at East Alabama Gun Club just West of Phenix City, Alabama.

Date is March 7-8, 2009.

Lunch will be provided.

Round count TBD.

Cost $500

Back up gun (if you have one if not I will have Limited and Open guns on hand) and plenty of mags are recommended.

Expect 2 long days of instruction and a great time with 2 of the best shooters around.

I will update with more info as I get it. If you have any questions or want to put your name down for the class do so here. In January we will be taking a $100 deposit to reserve spots.

Anyone interested?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem Mark. Glad you can make it! I'm going to start a list soon. I need to get a hold of Greg Z. as he wanted to participate as well. Right off I know of about 6 people that are good for it. We just need a few more to make it happen.

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

Just a couple more spots available folks!

Max said day 1 is going to be a group day and then day 2 will be a one on one day then a match at the end.

We will sign up 16 for the class and the first 13 to send in their deposit will be in.

Edited by kgunz11

A couple of things to add here. I know we are nearly 3 months away, but.....

1) Based on participant response, we could have a BBQ for Saturday after the class. Nothing elaborate, slap some meat on the fire, and have some potato chips, cole slaw, and drinks kinda thing. A place to stand/sit around a chat, talk about the day's activities and get to know one another. I shoot all the time with Alan, and pretty regularly with Bobby (and Susan),and BOZ, but it would be good to get to know some of the others from farther away. So I need your input .

2) Within the limits of my house floor space, I am offering people a place to stay. It is just me and my 18 year old son in a big house. My son would probably go off and spend the weekend at a friend's house or stay in my room. I have one bedroom with a bunk bed, and another with a standard bed. I have a couple of couches, a recliner, one inflateable bed, and lots of floor space. (Caution: We have one dog, and 4 Cats, so if you are allergic - stay away) This offer includes coming in early, and staying Sunday Night if need be. So if you need to cut costs, contact me. First contacts will get the bedrooms. My house is 20 minutes from the range.

3) We can hook you up with recommendations on motels in the area. There are plenty of motels within 20 minutes of the range.

Mark K

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

Max said day 1 is going to be a group day and then day 2 will be a one on one day then a match at the end.

We will sign up 16 for the class and the first 13 to send in their deposit will be in.

Add Luke D to this list.

Just a bump for those on the fence about going,

I took the class with Max and Travis about three years ago in Texas and it cost me alot more then $500.00.

It was by far the best money i have ever spent in this sport!

I learned so much from them that i was able to put to use immediately.

Two great guys in this sport and both of them good people.

If you are on the fence i suggest you jump off and get your feet wet.

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

11. Brian E

12. Luke D

13. Morgan A

That fills the class. Don't be afraid to put your name on the back up list. We are not going to take the deposits until the end of January to allow folks to recover from the Christmas spending. The deposit will be $100 and will secure your spot in the class. I will update later on where to send the money and how to make out the checks.

Plan on a Bar-B-Que Saturday evening after the class. Looks like it might involve some ribs and chicken on the grill with potato salad and cowboy baked beans. (Thank my wife for all that)

Anyone else thinking about attending please let me know and I'll add you as a back up, one person on the list is a maybe and you never know what might happen to others in the next 3 months.

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

Where do I send the $$$?

Address your envelope to:

The Practical Marksman LLC

PO Box 148

Camilla, GA

Make checks payable to:

Max Michel Jr.

Remember, you don't have to have them in until Jan. 30, 2009.

Where can we send our ammo and how much will we need?

Edited by JThompson

You can send your ammo to me and I can bring it with me if you like.

I wont be able to make the Florida open this year as I have The Practical Marksman Challenge match in Alabama that I am a MD for on that weekend and again on the weekend following which is Feb 28 - March 1.

I plan on spending the night in a friends cabin about 20 minutes from the range during the class. I'll be glad to bring your ammo if you like. Heck if you want to make it a shooting vacation come shoot the PMC match with us. It's a long range precision rifle/combat handgun match the weekend before the class. If you want more info let me know. I have plenty of custom rifles if you want to borrow one.