Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This time of year evidentially

steel1212

Seems like this time of year is always a bad time for me. It use to be I didn't have a good enough job to get the presents I wanted for everybody. Now I have a great job but you still are strapped to get the presents for the people you care about. My mom is retired and does a lot of crafts. She hand makes a lot of ornaments, pillows, blankets for everybody that usually have personal touches. I get a call tonight that my mom's house has burned to the ground. Everybody made it out ok but she lost everything. She lost all the things she had made all of us for Christmas, all of her sentimental items, everything. She had saved a ornament she had made me and my new wife, I've got all my ornaments she has made me or I have made since I was a little kid on my tree, it was of a house with a door and across it said "The Estills". The one that she didn't save was a ornament that had a picture of me when I was a kid with my grandfather on it. The one good thing out of this I guess is that they had just closed on a new house so had someplace to go.

Sorry to hear about your Mom's house Corey.

Sentimental things are tough to lose but they are just that-things.

Focus on the positive. Your Mom is safe-that's what's important. As homely as you are, you found a wife and you no longer need a pork chop around your neck for the dog to play with you! Heck-most of us will squad with you without too much complaint. :lol:

Dave

Corey, sorry to hear about this. The good thing is that no one was hurt or killed. Stuff, no matter how much you like it, can be replaced. Celebrate the blessings in this situation. Let me know if there is anything your family needs, and we will make it happen.

Corey, sorry to hear about this. The good thing is that no one was hurt or killed. Stuff, no matter how much you like it, can be replaced. Celebrate the blessings in this situation. Let me know if there is anything your family needs, and we will make it happen.

+1 to what Mike said. You need any help let us know.

Thanks guys for all the help and support. We pretty much got it all cleaned up, or as close as we can, last night. My Mom is really a trooper. I really thought she would be down and out about this. Last night she asks me, "what do you think about having christmas at my new house instead of mom's (my grandmother)" :surprise: After all this and she can still only think about her favorite holiday.....My mom rocks! :cheers:

Corey,

I don't have my Mom anymore, and in lieu of your Moms current situation I'd like to send her something for Christmas. If there is anything she could use for the new house please PM me and let me know. I'd like to get it to her before the holiday. Like you, I have never really been a fan of the holiday season as I never get to do as much as I'd like to for everyone. It is especially worse now that my mother is gone as it was her favorite time of year.

May you and yours have the best Christmas ever!

Corey,

I don't have my Mom anymore, and in lieu of your Moms current situation I'd like to send her something for Christmas. If there is anything she could use for the new house please PM me and let me know. I'd like to get it to her before the holiday. Like you, I have never really been a fan of the holiday season as I never get to do as much as I'd like to for everyone. It is especially worse now that my mother is gone as it was her favorite time of year.

May you and yours have the best Christmas ever!

Bobby, the gesture is greatly appreciated but my Mom is a lot like me she won't take charity no matter how needy she may be. A card might be nice though :cheers:

It's not charity Bro, it's letting your mom be a surrogate for me in this time of year. I don't have a Mom to give a gift to, so I'd like to give one to your Mom.

Tell ya what, shoot me a PM with her mailing address (or yours) and I'll send her a card... or something. ;)

It's not charity Bro, it's letting your mom be a surrogate for me in this time of year. I don't have a Mom to give a gift to, so I'd like to give one to your Mom.

Tell ya what, shoot me a PM with her mailing address (or yours) and I'll send her a card... or something. ;)

I didn't mean it as a bad thing or anything like that, its kind of hard to put into words ya know? Any who PM inbound.