Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Size of nordic tube on 24" benelli m2?

maj0r

What size tube will be legal for the tactical multi-gun division? I know I can have only 9 rounds loaded, but is there a restriction on the actual capacity of the tube?

If I can have any size tube, which one will not stick out beyond my 24" barrel on my m2?

Thanks guys.

What size tube will be legal for the tactical multi-gun division? I know I can have only 9 rounds loaded, but is there a restriction on the actual capacity of the tube?

If I can have any size tube, which one will not stick out beyond my 24" barrel on my m2?

Thanks guys.

The benelli +5 will be about 2 inches short of the barrel end. It is the one you want. Gives 8+1

Edited by chuckbradley

Thanks guys.

The benelli +5 will be about 2 inches short of the barrel end. It is the one you want. Gives 8+1

Is there any advantage to the +5 over the +6? I have read a variety of opinions on the different setup and some people say that you can fit a +6 nicely on the m2 w/ a 24" barrel, but if you go with the +5 there is no need for a barrel clamp.

Thoughts?

I think some matches won't let you shoot a shotgun that has a greater capacity than 8+1 for tactical even if you download it. Determine which matches you want to shoot and check their rules.

If there wasn't a limitation, I'd go with a 9+1 since you have a 24" barrel. I think it just looks better because it will be flush with the barrel but that's me. Plus its nice to have to option to load more than 9 rounds in the shotgun during the course of fire but make sure you start with 8+1.

You can always plug down a +6 tube, so that you can be legal in the matches that only allow 8+1, then remove the plug for the other matches.

Who says you HAVE to use a clamp on a +6?

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

I run a 24" barrel on my M2, the Nordic +6 is a 1/2 inch short on my barrel & works good.

I would like Tim at Nordic to make an end cap thats twice as long as the current one because that way I could get another round in my gun with the spring that I run without adding the amount of length past the muzzle that my +7 tube adds on & would only be 1/2 inch longer than the gun.

N

I run a 24" barrel on my M2, the Nordic +6 is a 1/2 inch short on my barrel & works good.

I would like Tim at Nordic to make an end cap thats twice as long as the current one because that way I could get another round in my gun with the spring that I run without adding the amount of length past the muzzle that my +7 tube adds on & would only be 1/2 inch longer than the gun.

N

CPWSA is carrying the new Nordic extended cap. Is that one not quite long enough for you?

http://www.cpwsa.com/3_gun_stuff.htm

N

CPWSA is carrying the new Nordic extended cap. Is that one not quite long enough for you?

mscott

Seems I have not looked hard enough, thanks for that link that is exactly what I am looking for, all I need now is to get it my side of the pond :D im sure one of my stateside amigo's will help me out, ill talk nicely to trapr or mr miller, thanks again for that link.

N

N

mscott

Seems I have not looked hard enough, thanks for that link that is exactly what I am looking for, all I need now is to get it my side of the pond :D im sure one of my stateside amigo's will help me out, ill talk nicely to trapr or mr miller, thanks again for that link.

N

I bet Tim is at Ft Benning right now, might even have one of them in his pocket or there abouts. Mike 45 is there too. Any posibility?------------Larry

N

mscott

N

I bet Tim is at Ft Benning right now, might even have one of them in his pocket or there abouts. Mike 45 is there too. Any posibility?------------Larry

I know Mike sent me a few sms messages only last week to rub salt into the wound :(

I have some on the way now, so its all good. :D

Thanks again for the info guys.

N

NOPE......I am not at Fort Benning, infact, I will be in the shop this weekend making new cool stuff (I hope)

Nordic has anything from +1 thru +8 for 12 gauge and +4 thru +7 for 20 gauge, but not all dealers carry all the skews, at that point, you'll need to call the factory.

And the extended cap is 3/4" longer than the standard cap.

Tim

Tim/Trubl,

Just to put a little insight into the earlier post of putting a clamp on the plus 6 as I know it.

At the Inland Empire 3 gun match in September a shooter (Dusty) had a Nordic mag tube that extended past his barrel (not sure of the size of tube). While manuvering around a door he hit his mag tube hard and the tube (full) just broke at the nut. Couldn't finish the shotgun part of the stage needless to say. Any time the magazine tube extends "past" the barrel (doesn't have to be a plus 6) it should have a clamp/some sort of support IMHO.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Tim/Trubl,

Just to put a little insight into the earlier post of putting a clamp on the plus 6 as I know it.

At the Inland Empire 3 gun match in September a shooter (Dusty) had a Nordic mag tube that extended past his barrel (not sure of the size of tube). While manuvering around a door he hit his mag tube hard and the tube (full) just broke at the nut. Couldn't finish the shotgun part of the stage needless to say. Any time the magazine tube extends "past" the barrel (doesn't have to be a plus 6) it should have a clamp/some sort of support IMHO.

Hope this helps,

Scott

If it was an old tube and he should give us a call to have it replaced. IF, it was a new tube, we'll still replace it. The old tubes that we made were a little skinny on the rear threads....the news ones, say, within the last 18 months or so are alot stronger.

I still stand by the fact that you do not need a clamp on your tube.....will our new tubes still break? Yes, but you have to WANT to break them. Just like, I can still break a tube even if it has a clamp......if I want too. :) Ofcourse, this applies to any tube out there, infact, pretty much applies to ANYTHING ou there....if they can make it, I can break it!!!

FYI.....We've not had ANY of our new tubes come back for breakage. As the joint by the nut of which you speak is alot stronger now.

ANOTHER FYI......if anyone has the old style tubes (thread dia on both ends is equal).....all you need to do is send it back to us and we replace it free of charge. This affects only the 12 gauge tubes btw.

ANOTHER FYI......if anyone has the old style tubes (thread dia on both ends is equal).....all you need to do is send it back to us and we replace it free of charge. This affects only the 12 gauge tubes btw.

Tim

I have one of those tubes, however after two hard years competition use its still as good as new, I also run an early version of your clamp & see no reason to change it so far, I will keep the tube I have & thanks again for a great product & your continued support for the shooting sports.

N

Edited by Neil Smith

TRUBL,

Thank you for all the information, I will get in contact with Dusty and inform him if what you have told us. I love my new Nordic tube on my Benelli but will still keep the clamp on...may as well, I already paid for it!

Thank you again...

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
TRUBL,

Thank you for all the information, I will get in contact with Dusty and inform him if what you have told us. I love my new Nordic tube on my Benelli but will still keep the clamp on...may as well, I already paid for it!

Thank you again...

Scott

Scott; Question, how long did you cut your Nordic spring to on your Benelli? I'm installing mine now and wondered what you started with? Instructions say 10-16" longer than tube. Supplied spring is 45" long.

Thanks,

I only saw your PM and replyed via that way...however, for the rest of the forum:

I have a Nordic +6 on my Benelli and cliped the spring until the length is now about ~ 7 1/2 inches past the end of the magazine tube if it was installed. The overall spring length is 31 1/2 inches long after the clipping. Hope this helps.

I should just get another magazine spring and clip and test until it fails...but I have yet to do that. I will post when I get it done.

Thanks for the question,

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott Hawkins