Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Ipsc Limited's

RLSMITH

Thanks Flex,

Top to bottom:

-SV built by JIM ANGLIN of "Sailors Custom Guns", action is smooth as glass and fit and finish are second to none! If anyone wants a gun built or modified by someone that will give it his undivided attention, then "Jim" is their man. He goes the extra mile to ensure customer satifaction, and he's a heck of a nice guy! OH YEAH..... it shoots 1" @ 25 yards with the right load.

- STI, I was told when I bought it that it was built by "Rusty Kidd". I sent it to "Jim" for a tune-up and some other things I wanted done and again his work and turn around (5 days total) was exceptional! I can't say enough about Jim and the whole experience of dealing with someone as nice and knowledgable about his craft. This is the most accurate handgun I've ever owned. It just seems to hit where I'm looking. And will do it shot after shot. Loving it!!!!!!

-STI ordered from "Chuck" ( super nice guy to deal with) with a few extras....mag button, fiber optic, recoil master, mag well. I had "Jim Shanahan" build me a grip for it and picked it up from him at area 4. He is another one in our sport that should be commended for the work he does as well as just being a nice guy in general.

>A side note: If anyone out there is considering having a gun built or modified, I would highly recomend "Jim Anglin" of "Sailors Custom Guns". But don't take my word for it, give him a call and I think you'll be convinced.

• 3 months later...

The tape on top of the slide is good to hold the slide while you shoot, to keep the muzzle down you know. And you'll get used to the front sight cutting through your hand after about 5,000 rounds ;)

Some people use the tape on the top of the slide for gripping the gun with the strong hand, when they have to shoot weak hand from a "gun in holster-position". Grip the slide with the strong hand, and draw, and transfer the gun to your weak hand.

I have seen video footage of shooters starting 'dry' and racking the slide by pretty much 'slapping' the slide back with an open hand rather than grasping it and pulling it back. I've seen guns with 2"or more of skate tape covering the top and sides of the slide. I tried it on my CZ and it works pretty good.

Why would anyone intentionally start their run dry and have to rack the slide, by any means. Just showing they could???

if you are running with a holstered gun while shooting another(i.e. shotgun or rifle) there is a chance that the gun could be dropped. so instead of dropping a 'hot' gun you would be dropping a 'cruiser ready' gun. no round in the chamber to go off.

Guest Larry Cazes

We shot a stage two weeks ago with one of our local clubs where the start position dictated a holstered unloaded gun. At the start signal we had to draw the gun, slam a mag home, and rack the slide. Unfortunately, I had just had a tight bushing fit to my wifes Valtro and she had a bear of a time loading quickly!

Larry