Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine champ.

The 2nd annual state match is on Jan. 18th. Jerry M. should be back & kurt Miller & a host of top shooters from around the states. IDPA scoreing on targets. Last year was a great match & will be better this year.Last year the winners were - open-jerry m.-- limited- kurt miller & tactical was myself. Come & try to un-seat the champs this year.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas State Carbine Championship Information

Entry Form

Map to range

2009 Texas State carbine championship

2009 Texas State carbine championship match

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Starry Range, Starry Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418

This is an Carbine Match hosted by Coastal Bend Shooters and will consist of 7 stages with a total round count of 200. Trophies will be awarded.

Scoring will be in the IDPA format

Match Fee = $55.00

Shooter Registration: 08:00 at Starry Range

Shooter Meeting: 08:30 at Starry Range

Hammer Down: 09:00

For further information please contact Mike McKinney

Edited by Merlin Orr

Is anybody up for the "Second Annual Texas State Carbine Championship Pre-Match Dinner"?? Unless someone else wants to take the lead, I'll put it together again this year. We had about 24 folks show up last year and everyone had a good time.

Do you guys (and gals) want to go back to the same Steakhouse or would you rather try somewhere new? I thought the food last year was pretty dang good, but let me know if you want a change. As always, we'd love to hear from the Corpus guys if you've got any suggestions.

Is anybody up for the "Second Annual Texas State Carbine Championship Pre-Match Dinner"?? Unless someone else wants to take the lead, I'll put it together again this year. We had about 24 folks show up last year and everyone had a good time.

Do you guys (and gals) want to go back to the same Steakhouse or would you rather try somewhere new? I thought the food last year was pretty dang good, but let me know if you want a change. As always, we'd love to hear from the Corpus guys if you've got any suggestions.

I just got my Check in the mail!

The dinner was a great outing last year, A good time to see the folks,, that we talk to on the forums.. all the time.

Lets do it! :cheers:

Oh what the heck, I will just be back from My month in Wyoming, so some "Sothern Sun" might just be in order (-8 degrees yesterday morning) I won't be practiced so we might just see a new IRON champion, but I will do My part!! KurtM

Oh what the heck, I will just be back from My month in Wyoming, so some "Sothern Sun" might just be in order (-8 degrees yesterday morning) I won't be practiced so we might just see a new IRON champion, but I will do My part!! KurtM

-8 AAAAAAAAAAAAA…. :surprise:

Good God cold! I was up in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving Brrrrrrr,, 15,, and they didn’t think is was that cold yet,,

Sunny Texas!

Come on down! I have spent my time out in the cold.. too many years of that,,

I got out of the Army and ended up in Texas.

And DO not miss the cold one bit!

Winter is one of the best reasons to live in Texas!

Living in a State with a bunch of Gun Nuts! Priceless! An added bonus!

From the looks of the COFs last year it looks like it could be lotsa fun.

A couple of questions, though, from someone unfamiliar with your monthly carbine matches.

I understand it's IDPA scoring, but are the rest of the rules IDPA based, i.e. use of cover, IDPA style reloads, no cleats, etc., etc., or more USPSA freestyle?

I didn't see any link to rules on the Web site provided but I might have missed something.

Curtis

A couple of questions, though, from someone unfamiliar with your monthly carbine matches.

I understand it's IDPA scoring, but are the rest of the rules IDPA based, i.e. use of cover, IDPA style reloads, no cleats, etc., etc., or more USPSA freestyle?

I didn't see any link to rules on the Web site provided but I might have missed something.

Curtis

If all stays the same,, it is IDPA Scoring,, only,, shoot them as written in the stage description

Curtis

If all stays the same,, it is IDPA Scoring,, only,, shoot them as written in the stage description

IDPA Scoring Only....! Run & Gun carbine with run what ya brung...! No cover.. Freestyle from head to footwear. :cheers:

Hop, M1A Scout - it will be Tac Iron.

-8... WTF is that? I was in shorts and a T shirt for this whole weekend. :roflol:

The scoring system they use a the match goes real fast and easy. Last year was my first time being involved with it in any way and I was fairly impressed with how quick it worked out. Good stages, good round count, good people to shoot with. And a pretty cool shirt, too. :cheers:

BTW... Ya'll are gonna cut out all that shoot through crap from last year, right? That was the one and only thing that even began to spoil it for me las time around. Nothing like getting to a stage, taping and setting for the 10+ shooters in front of you and just when it gets to be your turn someone strolls up to the RO and informs them that they need to "shoot through" because they had to drive a ways to get there and back. (I drove just over 5 hours each way) Then they shoot and scoot to the next stage. Total BS. <_<

-8... WTF is that? I was in shorts and a T shirt for this whole weekend. :roflol:

The scoring system they use a the match goes real fast and easy. Last year was my first time being involved with it in any way and I was fairly impressed with how quick it worked out. Good stages, good round count, good people to shoot with. And a pretty cool shirt, too. :cheers:

BTW... Ya'll are gonna cut out all that shoot through crap from last year, right? That was the one and only thing that even began to spoil it for me las time around. Nothing like getting to a stage, taping and setting for the 10+ shooters in front of you and just when it gets to be your turn someone strolls up to the RO and informs them that they need to "shoot through" because they had to drive a ways to get there and back. (I drove just over 5 hours each way) Then they shoot and scoot to the next stage. Total BS. <_<

Shoots throughs will be kept to a bare minimum - if any are allowed. But...... :)

If it takes to long - You can spend the night at my house - so don't get your knickers in a knot.... :closedeyes:

Full Auto again, I will join you guys for the Pre-match Dinner.

The steakhouse is good with me

i call shotgun!

Was a fun little match last year, bet it will be again. Dont think I will work it this year, getting too old to chase a hundred of you guys on a 40 yd dash. I will shoot it though. Come on down, and like last year, I dont expect snow.----------Larry

Hey Full Auto,, this is the place from, last year,,

We need to get some lunch on post,, maybe this week,, and call this place and see what we can arrange.

Longhorn Restaurant

4535 S. Padre Island Drive

Corpus Christi, TX 78411

361-853-5664

Alright guys and gals, you are ALL invited to a pre-match Dinner at the Longhorn Restaurant on Saturday evening, January 17th - address and phone number are below. How does a late dinner (8:00PM) sound? This would better accomodate folks driving in from out of town and it'd likely be easier to arrange group seating with the restaurant. Give me some feedback if this time works for you.

Longhorn Restaurant

4535 S. Padre Island Drive

Corpus Christi, TX 78411

361-853-5664

http://www.yourfavoritesteak.com/home.nxg

We had 24 folks show up last year and we had a great time. Post in the thread or send me a note if you'll be able to attend so I can coordinate with the restaurant. Attendees include:

Fullauto_Shooter

M Ammo

Rodeo Clown

Brazos

Brad Phair

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

<_< Ok newby over thinking question. :unsure: I have the Wolf perfomance "Military Classic ammo

223 55FMJ steel case . I know its not Steel Core ,BUT! a magnet will stick to the bullet.

How is this delt with at the match ? do I leave it in the origional box? or what?