Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK - I've read in the past where people sent in their presses for reconditioning, fix, etc and Dillon fixes, recondition, etc the presses for free. I seen where someone sent in one that was sitting in a garage and rusted and was reconditioned by Dillon for free. I recently obtained (2) Square Deal B in bad to poor condition with parts missing. I paid the going used prices for them thinking I can send them in for the same reconditioning. When I called Dillon, they say it's going to cost me $39.95 each. My question is why am I paying when similar situation has been handled differently in the past? Am I expecting something I am not supposed to? Just wondering why my situation is different and need answers.

I'm one of, if not the one, with the rusted old press returned free of charge stories. All parts were there and can't say enough about service. Plus, I WOULD HAVE paid if they had charged me. But als they did not. Don't feel bad when you have to pay a little when others did not, think what kind of value are you getting for the price.

Why? Well, if you don't want those presses, let me know, I'll take then off your hands for what you really paid for them. I'd gladly spend the money to get a virtually new press.

Hope I don't sound like an assH*&%e, but my offer is sincere.

JZ

I don't mind paying a little more than expected. Just that I hear stories and I was wondering why or how it does not apply to me, or why it does not apply across the board. It just made the deal an OK deal instead of a good deal. I already sent it in if anybody was wondering.

Edited by racerba

I'm not totally clear how it works, but I've got a good idea.

Under warranty, they will replace broken parts by shipping them to you. If certain parts are broken that are difficult to replace, or there is a major failure (broken chassis), you send it in for maintenance and get a free refirb in the process. If the refirb is at your request, you pay a nominal fee for S&H and general expenses.

I'm not totally sure where the lines are drawn, but I'm sure if you bought a used one that was rusting in someone's garage for 10 years, that wouldn't qualify for warranty refirb.

Under warranty, they will replace broken parts by shipping them to you. If certain parts are broken that are difficult to replace, or there is a major failure (broken chassis), you send it in for maintenance and get a free refirb in the process. If the refirb is at your request, you pay a nominal fee for S&H and general expenses.

I'm not totally sure where the lines are drawn, but I'm sure if you bought a used one that was rusting in someone's garage for 10 years, that wouldn't qualify for warranty refirb.

Dillon's warranty period is the life of the machine - regardless of what happens or who was at fault (except for the 1050, that has a 1 year warranty, b/c some commercial reloaders were taking advantage of Dillon's generous policies).

Qualified for Derek45.

I think Jeff hit the nail on the head here...

If you do a search you will find other posts on this same topic.

A while back Dillon made a minor policy change and started a small charge for press rebuilds, considering shipping costs alone this is still a great deal.

Now depending on who you are talking to before you send it in you may or may not be charged for this (based on hearsay only) service.

This is still a better deal than you will ever get from any other brand so penny up and be happy.

This is still a better deal than you will ever get from any other brand so penny up and be happy.

Already did pennied up. Not really complaining about the charge - just wondering why some pay and some don't.