Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 CA Silver Buckle

The CA Silver Buckle Match is on for Memorial Day weekend 2009, per the Sage Pistol League BOD. Match Director Gary Tilley asked me to post a thread here to start getting the word out... I will post updates and details as they become available.

EDIT 24 NOV 08:

Here is the latest info I got from Gary...

Attached Word Document: 14th_ANNUAL_SILVER_BUCKLE_SHOOT.doc

14th ANNUAL SILVER BUCKLE SHOOT

Sat & Sun MAY 23rd & 24th 2009

10 Action Packed Challenging Stages 250+ Rounds of Pure Fun -Entry Fee $100.

• USPSA Rules

• Only USPSA Classifications or “Unclassified”

 If classified through USPSA, shooters may only shoot 1 class below their highest classification if shooting in another division

• Cold Range/ Open Squad System

• 9mm Minimun Caliber Requirement

• 8:00 am Sign-up

• Sat Shooting 8:00am to12noon 1pm to 4pm

• Sun Shooting 8:00am to 1:00pm

• 4 Shooters in class, Silver Buckle for winner.

• Random drawings for other prizes!

• Eye and Hearing Protection Mandatory for all shooters & guests!

• T-Shirts available at the match

For more Match Information please contact:

Gary Tilley (760) 377-4967, email Gary_and_Di@verizon.net

or

Nick Rowan, (760) 375-4101, email SNRowan@msn.com

Sage Pistol Web Site at www.jmallard.com/sage.htm

Edited by big_kahuna

• 5 months later...

Caesar - I'll be there brotha! Driving down Friday night to Bakersfield and then heading to Ridgecrest on Saturday morning (early). I'll have my rifle and shotgun in tow to maybe work out some kinks Sunday after the match is done before heading back north for a 3G on Monday. :D

Rich

I just got back from the match, it was the first time I've been to the Sage Pistol League. Many thanks to all who helped put together the match and the RO's. The range was great, the stages were the right blend speed and accuracy (especially if you can't remember what color box your standing in). I can't wait for the Silver Buckle Match next year

Just got back from driving from Ridgecrest to Bakersfield to pick-up the fiance and then back to Sacramento. 9 hours of sleep in 2 days and I'm whooped. Fun match all around. I wish I could have shot a little better, but given the amount of practice that I've put in since the Golden Bullet and really not finding out I could shoot the match until Sunday didn't make for the most conducive environment for success. However a HUGE thanks goes to:

- Gary & Di the MD's for the match. Thanks for the late entry, letting me help out and for the awesome barbecue at Benny's birthday party Saturday night.

- To the Santiago's (Caesar, Lisa & Nick 'a.k.a. little kahuna', a.k.a. 'Nick the Six') I can't thank you guys enough for letting me crash at the house. Again, the hospitality, being able to BS about EVERYTHING and just hanging out was great. For those that don't know, Nick is a junior Master class Limited shooter and the kid is focused on success and will be successful at anything he does.

- To the match staff and EVERYONE at Sage. You are definitely some of the best people to be around and on top of that get to shoot with. Wish I could have stayed longer, but we'll be back. It was good seeing old faces, revisiting familiar ones and making new friends.

Silver Buckle IS the Sage Pistol League IMHO. It's a sleeper match with great stages and again, you won't find nicer people to spend a weekend with.

Rich

To all the match crew, RO's thank you and great match!

To the Santiago family,thank you for all the help and directions getting to the range.

Rich and Nolan smith are great shooters nice to see you guys.

I wish I could have done better, can't wait for the NATIONALS!

SB

As of this writing Earlier this evening, there are were a couple minor errors in the results. I sent a message sent to Jerry Mallard and hope to see them corrected soon he corrected them promptly. Here are were a few that I noticed:

Nick Santiago should be listed in the Junior category. He is currently listed as an adult.

Nick Santiago should be listed as the winner of the Junior Category. Currently David Benson is listed as High Junior.

My name is misspelled as "Ceasar". Sometimes I wish my parents gave me a more mundane name like Tom or Dave, something easy to spell.

ETA:

No offense intended to anyone named Tom or Dave. No offense intended by my use of the word "mundane". All standard disclaimers apply. No warranty expressed or implied. Your results may vary. Reading this post may result in shock, anger, elation or remorse. If you experience intense sexual arousal for over 4 hours, please seek medical attention or at least tell me how you did it.

ETASM:

Results have been corrected. Post updated to reflect that Jerry is on the ball! :cheers:

Edited by big_kahuna

Glad everyone enjoyed the match. It was really great to see everyone! :cheers:

High praise and many thanks to the match staff, and to all the folks that traveled in from afar to shoot with us. Extra-special thanks to:

Gary and Di Tilley

Bennie Dunn III and Bennie Dunn IV

Jerry Mallard

Mike Hugues

Rich White

Faith and Jerry Newbury

David Jones #1 and David Jones #2

Nick "The Six" :roflol:

Just got back from driving from Ridgecrest to Bakersfield to pick-up the fiance and then back to Sacramento. 9 hours of sleep in 2 days and I'm whooped. Fun match all around. I wish I could have shot a little better, but given the amount of practice that I've put in since the Golden Bullet and really not finding out I could shoot the match until Sunday didn't make for the most conducive environment for success. However a HUGE thanks goes to:

- Gary & Di the MD's for the match. Thanks for the late entry, letting me help out and for the awesome barbecue at Benny's birthday party Saturday night.

- To the Santiago's (Caesar, Lisa & Nick 'a.k.a. little kahuna', a.k.a. 'Nick the Six') I can't thank you guys enough for letting me crash at the house. Again, the hospitality, being able to BS about EVERYTHING and just hanging out was great. For those that don't know, Nick is a junior Master class Limited shooter and the kid is focused on success and will be successful at anything he does.

- To the match staff and EVERYONE at Sage. You are definitely some of the best people to be around and on top of that get to shoot with. Wish I could have stayed longer, but we'll be back. It was good seeing old faces, revisiting familiar ones and making new friends.

Silver Buckle IS the Sage Pistol League IMHO. It's a sleeper match with great stages and again, you won't find nicer people to spend a weekend with.

Rich

Thanks for the props Rich ( ;) ) , it was a real cool weekend. Thanks for powering through the match so you could help RO, it was a huge help. I certainly hope to hit up some more matches with you this season.

HAHA..."Nick The Six" ....This is why you never let Taran come up with your nickname.

Lol, it was first given to me by Adrian and Benny IV, but Taran... "adjusted" it... LoL :roflol: