Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Anderson's Caspian

Flexmoney

Steve,

VERY Nice!!!

A few questions:

1. Does that scope mount get in your way (on the left side) if you have to start a stage with the gun dry and load 'er up?

2. Did you modify the right side ambi safety, or did it come like that? Just curious. I have problems getting a safety on the right side that doesn't bug the crap out of me, I ride the gun super high on that side.

Again, VERY nice.

I'm glad you guys like her...I know I do.

No, the scope mount doesn't bother me at all, ever. I rest my left thumb on it a little when shooting, just lay it on there.

We had a stage yesterday where we had to pick up and load the gun. I laid it on the scope mount, scooped and went. I zeroed the stage, but it was my fault...not the scope mount's. :) I earned 100 penalty points on an 80 point virginia stage. :)

I have no idea whose safety that is...sorry. Flex may know, or maybe someone will recognize it. I didn't modify it.

Yes, that is skateboard tape on the blast shield. I originally taped the whole scope mount and blast shield. It looked sweet, but was too abrasive on the scope mount. I left the tape on the blast shield to eliminate the possibility of any glare.

If anybody recognizes the comp, lemme know whose it is...It is a Matt McLaren gun and shoots sweet.

SA

It is a Matt McLaren gun and shoots sweet.

Wow... that thing must be ten years old?

So that's what Glocks are good for.....

GMTA! I thought it was like a trophy hunting picture... you know, where the hunter poses over his dead prey.

Looks like a mounting pad for the mount...

McLearn guns were very sweet running guns....I miss my caspian open gun...Sold it off many years ago..when I quit shooting...very nice gun

Yeah, there's a welded up pad under the scope mount.

It's gotta be 10 years old...it's got a four digit serial number.

I'll likely replace the barrel/comp this winter, although the last time I checked the zero, I put 5 or 6 in the upper A at 25 yards offhand. That's good enough for me.

I have tried the SXI guns, looking for edge, but they feel like they have a lot of extra movement to me. They're probly faster on target trans., but I like the solid stability of the steel frame.

I shot Ron Iden's grandmaster with minor loads, and it feels like mine does with major loads. I shot his with major loads, and it shimmied in my hands quite a bit.

SA

Bill,

If I am not mistaken, the only ambis that fit the Caspian Hi Cap frame are the Caspian design. Along with the mainspring housing, beavertail, mag catch, and trigger. But I hope I'm wrong!!!

I'm a southpaw and have modified my ambis but two have broken on the right side. So be careful not to remove too much metal blending.

What does that baby weigh Steve? I hope to test the dark side late next season, and I am going through blaster decision-itis....Long-stable, Short-fast, Heavy, Light, 38super-supercomp-9x23-9mmajor,etc.....I thought it was interesting that you like the Caspian vs. the SxI...

• 1 month later...

Thanks John! Hope all is well with you.

Hey Flexter- I wish they were General Issue :) You're right, those are EGW "mini paddles".

Steve- yeah, I use grip panels on them.

"This is my Caspian. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Caspian is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Caspian is useless. Without my Caspian, I am useless."

B)

T

"This is my Caspian. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Caspian is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Caspian is useless. Without my Caspian, I am useless."

B)

Thats the best version I have ever seen :D