Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel City Tac Rifle Match Nov 29th

Hey Folks,

Just a reminder, we'll be shooting rifles at Steel City in Birmingham, AL on Saturday, November 29th. Registration starts at 8:00 and the match will begin at 9:00 sharp. 7 stages, 150 - 200 rounds. Match usually winds up mid afternoon.

We'll try to put some Ft. Benning type stuff in the stages to use as a tune up. Unfortunately no 500yd shots at flash targets, but we'll have plenty of steel at distance to whack at on the "long range" stage.

Any questions, give me a call or e-mail.

Dave Tapp

205-492-7529

dkjtapp@aol.com

Nope, it'll be the usual board of fare, 6 stages medium to close and one long range stage with steel scattered out between 100 and 350yds.

Alan, it'll be good to see you and Jack. Tod, unless it rains, you'll probably be able to shoot the whole match w/o getting your clothes dirty.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, you never know this time of year.........

David

Nope, it'll be the usual board of fare, 6 stages medium to close and one long range stage with steel scattered out between 100 and 350yds.

Alan, it'll be good to see you and Jack. Tod, unless it rains, you'll probably be able to shoot the whole match w/o getting your clothes dirty.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, you never know this time of year.........

David

Yeah.....I prefer not to get my clothes dirty. I had thought you might get this crazy idea to have us bury our guns in the mud and fish it out blindfolded after running in circles around a lawn chair and sprinting across the stage to retrieve our mags before firing a shot. I heard that was all the craze nowadays. :unsure:

Todd,

We're not just in this for the sport you know. We've got to take this stuff seriously in case your at Wal-mart trying to buy the last XBox when a group of B.G.'s roll up and cause you to flip the trench coat back, unsling the AR from it's special holster....Wait a minute, just another bad dream. Seriously though I'm looking forward to another great match put on by Tapp, Webb and Wiggins. Kinda sounds like a law firm huh? See ya soon.

Todd,

We're not just in this for the sport you know. We've got to take this stuff seriously in case your at Wal-mart trying to buy the last XBox when a group of B.G.'s roll up and cause you to flip the trench coat back, unsling the AR from it's special holster....Wait a minute, just another bad dream. Seriously though I'm looking forward to another great match put on by Tapp, Webb and Wiggins. Kinda sounds like a law firm huh? See ya soon.

I hear ya brother. I keep trying to tell myself this isn't a game its training. I sit in suspense every night watching the evening news to see who was recently attacked by a piece of brown cardboard.

Tapp, Webb and Wiggins. Kinda sounds like a law firm huh? See ya soon.

:roflol: Now that there's funny, I don't care who ya are.

More like Tapp, Wiggins and Webb= Good Cop, Bad Cop and Alcoholic getting locked up by the cops.

I'm with Randall, step away from the medication giving you those weird dreams.... Plate carriers and Kevlar and Molle gear and vert grips and gun mounted lights, wait a second, I think I have some of that stuff put back somewhere myself. :ph34r:

I'll be denying my redneck roots and won't be freezing my skinny arse off in the woods deer hunting so I'll see ya'll there freezing my skinny arse off at the match. Down to #36 for Benning so I hope some West Coast and mid westerners drop out so I can bump on down. :cheers:

WE got 2 stages completed yesterday...had to finally stop Stefan from planting target stands on one of them though....shaping up to be a GREAT match as always!!

Stefan almost set up 50 targets in and around the shoot house...overzealous he was.

Todd,

I hear ya brother. I keep trying to tell myself this isn't a game its training. I sit in suspense every night watching the evening news to see who was recently attacked by a piece of brown cardboard.

I heard that. Who in their right mind would consider engaging targets targets with a carbine (or blaster if you prefer) training. I mean how relevent is target discrimination, target to target transitions, speed of engagement and measured accuracy while shooting on the move or from behind cover to the martial use of a carbine/blaster? Thats just silly, if that were the case all the big name firearms trainers would be teaching those skills. Wouldn't they? Would they teach/train a different sight alignment, sight picture, trigger press, and follow through for a brown cardboard target as opposed to say.... godzilla? Probably not, but they might advise having the 20 mags. LOL

See y'all Saturday,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Glad you'll be able to make it. You'll be happy to know that each stage box now has a timer in it! I won't have to interrupt your match to go to your truck 2-3 times to get your timer!

See you Saturday.

David

Edited by dt1

He's gatta have a plan how to win that stage then

Actually his ol' lady is making him go out of town on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, so Randal and I are going to re-arrange all the targets in the shoot house Wed afternoon :roflol:

Todd,

I heard that. Who in their right mind would consider engaging targets targets with a carbine (or blaster if you prefer) training. I mean how relevent is target discrimination, target to target transitions, speed of engagement and measured accuracy while shooting on the move or from behind cover to the martial use of a carbine/blaster? Thats just silly, if that were the case all the big name firearms trainers would be teaching those skills. Wouldn't they? Would they teach/train a different sight alignment, sight picture, trigger press, and follow through for a brown cardboard target as opposed to say.... godzilla? Probably not, but they might advise having the 20 mags. LOL

See y'all Saturday,

Mike

Mike, it seems to me that the guy with 20 rounds is about 27 short these days. :D