Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Infinity Area 5 Championship

The Infinity Area 5 Championship will be held at South Kent Sportsman Club, Dorr, MI

June 18-20, 2009.

Staff will shoot on June 18. The range will be open for inspection starting June 18.

Competitors will shoot June 19-21.

The application will be available soon at www.infinityarea5.info.

I will also post it here.

If you are interested in working the match as a range official, please email me at infinityarea5@gmail.com

Edited by Flexmoney
update email address for Carl

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which airport would you recommend out of towners fly into? Thanks!

There is an airport in Grand Rapids, MI. I would not recommend any air port in or near Chicago. Detroit Metro is anout a 2.5 hour drive from the range. Where the GR. is anout 45 min to 1 hour depending on traffic. It will be about 3o min from the Match hotel.

There is an airport in Grand Rapids, MI. I would not recommend any air port in or near Chicago. Detroit Metro is anout a 2.5 hour drive from the range. Where the GR. is anout 45 min to 1 hour depending on traffic. It will be about 3o min from the Match hotel.

++++++1 on no Chgo

Hmmm, I may be hitting this match instead of Area 1. I'll be the best man in a wedding the following Friday in Detroit. Thinking about making the drive from Seattle and making a vacation out of it. My wife is/was a grad student at Michigan State and she's got friends in the area. I'll keep an eye out for the registration page to turn up.

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I thought I heard it on a Matt Burkett podcast....I believe Matt was saying that because of the laws in Chicago, you could be arrested for leaving/returning-to the airport with a handgun. Is there any truth to this? If you fly into Chicago and then want to rent a car and drive somewhere....what do you do?

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I thought I heard it on a Matt Burkett podcast....I believe Matt was saying that because of the laws in Chicago, you could be arrested for leaving/returning-to the airport with a handgun. Is there any truth to this? If you fly into Chicago and then want to rent a car and drive somewhere....what do you do?

Fly into somewhere else... <_<

If you are flying in to the match. The best airport is Grand Rapids, MI. It is just a few minutes from the hotels and less than 45 minutes from the ranges.

Getting arrested, probibly. I am not willing to be the test subject. Avoid Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some clarification on the following:

"Shooters Gift: Shooters gifts will be awarded on a double blind drawing system. Gifts will be given to the

shooters at registration."

Is this, like, prize table goodies?

Also, I see the whole match is shot in one day. Is Sunday one of these days? Is there an award ceremony Sunday night?

Need some clarification on the following:

"Shooters Gift: Shooters gifts will be awarded on a double blind drawing system. Gifts will be given to the

shooters at registration."

Is this, like, prize table goodies?

Shooters gift is the prize table. The match is held over 3 days with each shooters shooting one of the three days. When do you do the prize table and keep it fair for all shooters. If I pick a day for the prize table then only the shooters present can get a prize, unless I allow prizes given by proxy. But then I have to do it on sunday when staff and shooters want to get home because of work on monday. Awarding the prize table by double blind drawing is a fair and uniform why of distrubuting the items.

Also, I see the whole match is shot in one day. Is Sunday one of these days? Is there an award ceremony Sunday night?

Yes Sunday is one of the days. The range is open for inspection on friday while the staff and vendors shoot, saturday and sunday are reserved for competitors. We will not have an award ceremony because 2/3 of the shooters will not be there. Awards will be mailed. We are also allowing score corrections to be sbmitted by email and it will be open for changes until monday or tuesday. The exact time frame for corrections has not been determined yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Will this be a plaque only match?

Thomas

we are working very hard to give as much back to the shooters as possible. There will be a prize table per say that we will distribute on a double blind draw just before the match. Our goal is that every shooters receives something in the drawing. Plaques will be awarded per award policy and if there is moneys left over that will be distributed with the plaques.

Can you give me any info on the Match hotel?

I fly in and out of Chicago Midway frequently with Handguns on Southwest Airlines. No problems there. I always fly with the gun disassembled into a field strip condition. When the counter agent says show me it's empty, all I have to pull out is the barrel. It's a little more discrete that way.

Detroit Metro is your best choice for a large airport. Grand Rapids and then Kalamazoo for regional airports.

Can you give me any info on the Match hotel?

Hotel information will be comming out soon. I just need to type it up and post it.

Carl