Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to deal with cheaters in this sport

Spray_N_Prey

i got the chance to shoot some of JoeD's 160gr 9mm's this year..they were sweeeeeet..and soooft...hardly any report at all..they made PF just fine.. :cheers:

not to drift the thread, but how did these 160's shoot? out of what gun? what power factor and recoil spring. is it worth it on recoil or does it feel sluggy. I was thinking about trying these, which ought to get people wondering about making minor.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love hangin' on this forum. The great crisis of our time is, form vs substance. There are, everywhere you look, attractive illusions, presented, packaged and made irresistible. Mostly they are hollow, without substance. There is SO much substance here, so often, it just gets me high! These threads often address the wordless experience of being in the only way we have to attempt to address it, with words!

ALL truly transformative process in the human experience is accompanied by fire. Pick substantive experience and that fire burns away impurities. Pick hollow form and impurities accumulate. In the end we are all the sum of our choices. In the end, the principle of attraction will surround us with those we are like. This is one way karma works things out!

An open thank you here for the time spent and thought expended by members of this forum.

Namaste'

I love hangin' on this forum. The great crisis of our time is, form vs substance. There are, everywhere you look, attractive illusions, presented, packaged and made irresistible. Mostly they are hollow, without substance. There is SO much substance here, so often, it just gets me high! These threads often address the wordless experience of being in the only way we have to attempt to address it, with words!

ALL truly transformative process in the human experience is accompanied by fire. Pick substantive experience and that fire burns away impurities. Pick hollow form and impurities accumulate. In the end we are all the sum of our choices. In the end, the principle of attraction will surround us with those we are like. This is one way karma works things out!

An open thank you here for the time spent and thought expended by members of this forum.

Namaste'

What did he just say! :roflol:

Namaste'

He said we ain't pretty but we got a great personality, no pain no gain, you are what you eat, thanks to his peeps.

Namaste'

He said we ain't pretty but we got a great personality, no pain no gain, you are what you eat, thanks to his peeps.

:roflol:

I have no idea what actually happened. But several times I've asked myself "how did he do that?" when I thought someone was outside the rules. Some of the time I figured out how to do the same thing. (Legally I mean.) Sometimes they were in fact cheating. But either way I learned something...

he said...

:roflol:

I will have to learn to keep a straight face.

when some one makes a post that requires translation,

who do you trust to reiterate the original post?

ok that outta my system...

here goes...

He said:

"there is a lot of good accurate information on this forum.

When I compare this forum to other forums,

reading the posta here makes me so lightheaded,

I write strange and almost nonsensical posts."

K ?

edit to fis grammer typos

Edited by Miranda

Namaste'

Next time.... "Just say no."

i got the chance to shoot some of JoeD's 160gr 9mm's this year..they were sweeeeeet..and soooft...hardly any report at all..they made PF just fine.. :cheers:

not to drift the thread, but how did these 160's shoot? out of what gun? what power factor and recoil spring. is it worth it on recoil or does it feel sluggy. I was thinking about trying these, which ought to get people wondering about making minor.

not to thread drift ...but they really felt like a light 380 load out of my G34...no joke...

Edited by GmanCdp

I think he's talking about me (I might be wrong, though)!! I'm shooting a CZ SP-01 running some plated 147s with 3.2-3.4gr Hodgdon Clays, and they are running almost 900fps, and it sounds soft. People give me crap about it. Heavy bullet + fast powder is the way to go.

Yep, the gun doesn't recoil much....you wonder why the majority of the top ten production shooters at World Shoot XV were shooting an SP-01? I finished 4th at the match (the Hillbilly Classic at CASA in Little Rock, AR)....I also finshed 4th at the 2008 Arkansas Sectional, where ammo was chronographed.

my CZ Factory tour page.

www.rustyhubbard.com/tour.html

Ok so i'm no pro shooter but I try to be the best that I can be. I make sure my loads (I shoot production) hit around 128 PW and have actually taken parts off my gun once I learned weren't "production legal" because I want to shoot legit. I feel I would rather come in last place and shoot it fairly than have to cheat to win. ok my case:

A friend and myself recently went to a yearly match that was for cash prizes and we got squadded with a guy who was hovering around top C class and had splits that would have made TGO envious (well maybe not that quick). I mean they were blazing fast but the funny thing is the gun never recoiled. I mean it didn't lift at all and he was shooting production. Now he did have plenty of mikes but the fast follow up shot sure did make a difference on shots.

Everybody was talking about this saying things like "it sounds like a 22" and "you don't even need earplugs" i just am having a hard time letting it go. I even asked a guy on our squad if they were going to chrono or not and he laughed and said no not at this match and asked why I asked him that and I told him I didn't know if everybody in our squad would make power factor and he laughed again and said yeah i know what you mean i've really been wondering about that since the first match, and the guy I was talking to was an area coordinator. My buddy who has been shooting for a long time said he was shooting "super minor" and that some people just enjoy cheating and it makes them feel good. I looked this guys number up and he's shot alot but only at two local ranges and my friend told me that this guy

either

(a) will only shoot locally with matches that don't make you chrono

(B) if he ever does shoot a major match will either shoot for no score or have lots of mikes because of actually having to deal with recoil

Ok so why does this still eat me up??????????????????????????