Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more whiners that want to drop out and quit the more I want to go and shoot. More prizes for me. I do hear the prize table is usually FAT!!!! Seriously, I don't care what the scoring is. Like I said the better shooters will finish higher and other shooters will fall in line down the list. The new steel targets sound bada**!!! That's awesome. I've often wondered how to build a target that measured the force of lethality in this way instead of getting full credit for a glancing shot that just clips the higher scoring ring. I like the new targets also, they award well placed potentially lethal hits in the vital zones therefore promoting good sound tactics for the skill of placing a center mass hit for a one stop shot. I do understand this is only a competition, but I use this training and competition for dual purpose skills. I'm diggin the changes. I kinda hope that there are a few unknown surprises when we get to the match that won't be able to be planned for and that will have to be addressed on the fly.

JV

<_< Pies :rolleyes: I like Pies think they will have any Strawberry Ru bard Pie :rolleyes: or Apple ?

Jamie - are they gonna have a Pies Table like another well-known CENTEX match??

Trapr, no one stirs the pot like you brother!

I'm guilty of initially bitching about the scoring system, but now figure it's all good. Though I still believe the time penalties are excessive, we are ALL subject to the same standard so that levels the playing field. Interest level is back up and I'm really looking forward to this one.

I wouldn't care what the scoring is. I just want to get out of this Minnesota cold and snow for a while. I can't make this match, will have to wait for Trapr and Kurt's shotgun match.

Speaking of screwy scoring, at the shotgun match they are going to have you actually shooting targets with shot that have a no-shoot in front of them. You know what that means --- you will actually have to slow down and aim. That is just sick! :D

Edited by Brian Payne

Greg:

It was asked some number of posts ago, and seems to have been lost in the shuffle. Do clamped/cinched mags constitute a "supporting device"?

Also, could you give us an example of what a "failure to do right" will be considered to be?

Sorry Ken, been a bit busy.

You are good to use mags cinched together and I do not consider that a supporting device.

FTDR - Jump down on a long range stage and blast 10 shots at 10 targets. It is subjective and I will leave it up the World Class RO Staff I have running the stages.

Keeps the cheating to a minimum.

Okay Fellers,

I have made a decision on the issues that were brought up earlier.

After many hours of discussion, input, phone calls, emails, scientific analysis, and recommendations...

I am not changing a thing.

Shoot hard and have fun!

Adios

We gonna get a peek at the stage designs or.....? Not exactly trying to game it as the on-paper schematic doesn't usually jive with the physical lay out, more thinking of how I wanna set up my gear for it.

Also wondering if we are going to have a low light/ no light event (pardon if that got answered already).

Just close your eyes while you're shooting and they'll all be low light/no light.... :roflol:

Well, I do believe that somewhere else in this thread it was posted that there will be no more than 18 rounds/shot in any one stage, so I just may fore-go the 4 round shell caddies from my belt. This was mainly the info I was hoping to subvert out of Greg...

Between 9 in the gun, 11 on the gun, and 9 more in an armband I should be GTG.

Edited by ken hebert

Have you met Greg? I'm planning on hauling a kit bag full of shot, slugs, breachers, and red star clusters around every stage.

I have it on good authority that one of the stages will be a call for fire. Start practicing your 9 Lines guys.

Have you met Greg? I'm planning on hauling a kit bag full of shot, slugs, breachers, and red star clusters around every stage.

I have it on good authority that one of the stages will be a call for fire. Start practicing your 9 Lines guys.

call for fire. Start practicing your 9 Lines guys Now that is a stage I,m ready for!! Been thier done that..

I'm bringing all of my Toys,, with all the talk about what Tactical is,,, "Be ready for anything" shoot untill you run out of targets.

Jim m ammo

Well, I do believe that somewhere else in this thread it was posted that there will be no more than 18 rounds/shot in any one stage, so I just may fore-go the 4 round shell caddies from my belt. This was mainly the info I was hoping to subvert out of Greg...

I am not sure where you saw a reference to only 18 rounds . . . NOT TRUE. Round count from Greg:

Round Count

I will post the hard numbers NLT 10 Mar 09 so you can get it shipped if needed.

A swag right now:

200 Rifle

200 Pistol

100 SG

20 Slug

MTF

There are 8 stages. 200 divided by 8 = 25. So the average is 25 rifle rounds & 25 pistol rounds & 12 Shotgun rounds per stage. That's the average. Pack accordingly :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Statistician

Can you share the max number of shotgun rounds in any one stage? I am considering shooting my Saiga, and need to Know if I have enough mag capacity

Yes, any where from 18 to 9. However, you will be required to engage slug targets mixed in with shot targets.

Uhh, this is where I got my numbers from. I was referrring to 18 rounds max per stage, not for the whole match. Thing is, I would like to leave off the shell strippers from my belt and just go with gun and arm mounted shell carriers to retain as much mobility as possible to be able to move in and out of positions... and possibly go prone. Less weight on the belt = faster moving shooter, right?

"I have it on good authority that one of the stages will be a call for fire. Start practicing your 9 Lines guys." Okay, as I've not heard this term before, I'm gonna guess it refers to a blind stage that you have to load for on the fly...? Help a brotha out will ya'?

Edited by ken hebert

FM 6-30 Chapter 8 Section I:

DETERMINE:

9-LINE BRIEF, SEAD CALL FOR FIRE, AND ANY OTHER APPROPRIATE SITUATIONAL UPDATE INFORMATION FOR THE CAS DEEMED NECESSARY.

9-LINE:

1. IP/AP _______________

2. HDNG _______________

3. DISTANCE ______________

4. TGT ELEV ______________

5. TGT DISC ______________

6. TGT LOC ______________

7. MARK TYPE _____________

8. FRIENDLIES ______________

9. EGRESS ______________

Grunt jargon ;)

Alex

Can you share the max number of shotgun rounds in any one stage? I am considering shooting my Saiga, and need to Know if I have enough mag capacity

Yes, any where from 18 to 9. However, you will be required to engage slug targets mixed in with shot targets.

Uhh, this is where I got my numbers from. I was referrring to 18 rounds max per stage, not for the whole match. Thing is, I would like to leave off the shell strippers from my belt and just go with gun and arm mounted shell carriers to retain as much mobility as possible to be able to move in and out of positions... and possibly go prone. Less weight on the belt = faster moving shooter, right?

"I have it on good authority that one of the stages will be a call for fire. Start practicing your 9 Lines guys." Okay, as I've not heard this term before, I'm gonna guess it refers to a blind stage that you have to load for on the fly...? Help a brotha out will ya'?

I'm sorry. I mis-read your post. I thought you meant rounds shot on any stage (all rounds of any type to be shot) and not rounds of shot per stage. You are correct about the maximum number of shotgun rounds.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Statistician