Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There is a Texas State Steel Challenge, but THE Steel Challenge is always in Cali.

This year's Texas State steel challenge is tentatively planned as a one day match to be held @ The Shootout Range in Princeton, LA the same weekend as the East TX / North LA section qualifier match. Will post match details for both when they're in concrete.

Never been to the big one in CA but according to Kay and Jerry it's a great match to attend. Lots of fun and great prize table. I definitely plan on attending in the near future but not this year unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw him shoot Roundabout, 5 to Go, Smoke and Hope, and Speed Option. SO was their last stage (they being the Super Squad).

On SO his first run was a 3.39, his second a 7.66 (gun malf), his third or fourth was a 2.50, I don't remember his other keeper, but his last run was a 2.25... BURNED it down!

He also won S&H pretty definitively. Ran 3 out of 5 in the 1s, IIRC. Max Michel was in the lead on that one until KC was up. I think Max shot it in 8.55 or thereabouts while KC was snuggled in right around 8.1.

I think his overall was a 69.32 and then Miculek was next with a 69.77 (might have been Koenig with that score and Miculek in the 70s).

I think I also remember both he and Miculek on either Roundabout or 5 to Go (brain's not working, sorry). Jerry shot the best string at 2.47, then KC at 2.43. Yeah, four-onehundredths between THE revolver shooter and the match winner... pretty nuts.

Anyhoo, that's what I remember seeing. If any of it's wrong, my bad... I'm going from a sun-faded memory.

KC won it.

I am told he set a new record on Smoke with a 1.94 AVERAGE and also did a run in the 1.9's on Showdown.

I shot it on Friday. Mike and Mike and the whole staff did an awesome job as always, and put on another 1st class match. If I could only shoot one big match a year it would be The Challenge.

Awesome match. I'm already planning to go back. I've posted a couple things elsewhere and hope to have some pics and video up before too long. I think I even have (crappy) video of one of KC's 1.87 S&H runs. Lots of the Super Squad were heard to complain about how poorly they were shooting, but KC won it outright on the last stage.