Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge 22 start postion

rgkeller

Lowered pistol, pointing at a flag in the middle of the course, 8 feet from your start position.

The "elbows touching side" position is no longer required.

Edited by kmca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Anybody know what to use for Non-big matches? We do monthly steel matches and no one wants to have to stake a flag out for a club match. Also, what are the rules on the safety? I've heard on or off to start.

We allow either of two start potions (shooter's choice):

- Gun and arms pointed down at a 45d angle, or

- Elbows touching ribs.

Finger outside the trigger guard.

• 3 weeks later...

From the new 2011 SCSA Rule book (March 2011):

5.2.3 In the Rimfi re Match, there will be an aiming point (fl ag or

sign) centered downrange directly in front of each shooters

box approximately 10’ away and 2’ high. One aiming point

will be required for each shooting box used. The competitor

while waiting for the start signal, must be pointing/aiming

their gun at the fl ag/sign with the fi nger outside the trigger

guard.

• 2 weeks later...

We use orange cones that are about 1' high. I'll be looking around for some 2' tall cones to start putting out soon. Safety is off and finger outside the trigger guard.

The old way stated that that a aiming point be 12' from the shooting box but now it's 10' out and 2' high.

Edited by gng4life

We use orange cones that are about 1' high. I'll be looking around for some 2' tall cones to start putting out soon. Safety is off and finger outside the trigger guard.

The old way stated that that a aiming point be 12' from the shooting box but now it's 10' out and 2' high.

Does that mean the "provisional rules" are now in effect?

I would say so. What does Provisional mean? It is, "providing or serving for the time being only; existing only until permanently or properly replaced; accepted or adopted tentatively; conditional; probationary.

Since it is serving for the time being and adopted tentatively, that would lead a reasonable person to believe so. I will contact SCSA and see what they say...

Edited by gng4life

I would say so. What does Provisional mean? It is, "providing or serving for the time being only; existing only until permanently or properly replaced; accepted or adopted tentatively; conditional; probationary.

Since it is serving for the time being and adopted tentatively, that would lead a reasonable person to believe so. I will contact SCSA and see what they say...

Thanks. Since I plan on going to the Challenge this August, it would be nice to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what to use for Non-big matches? We do monthly steel matches and no one wants to have to stake a flag out for a club match. Also, what are the rules on the safety? I've heard on or off to start.

I used to run a Steel Challenge monthly here in MI. We used big plastic 55 gal drums. You had to start with your muzzle touching it and it worked really well. Plus it gave you a spot to put all your mags, and the case for your pistol to "bag it up" after your run.

• 3 weeks later...