Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags in space

pspiranha

During an excersie stage in which one fired at an array, reloaded, fired, reload etc....I completely missed the mag well on one reload. My hand hit the mag well and the magazine went sailing off into space. I was able to retrieve another, load and resume firing before that mag hit the ground.

Once the range was clear the RO, with a dead pan face, told me that there are punters in the NFL that would be envious of the hang time I had.

Note to self..... LOOK AT THE MAG WELL, DUMMY!

David

LOL, I can throw a mag as far as anyone I have ever seen, so I know exactly where you are coming from.

Howard,

I don't know but we have an EA shooter that gets some real distance as he rips the mag out of the gun and gives it a throw, spectators move back and the RO looks for a place to hide.

I wonder what a reload will look like with his round gun next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen better.

We had a guy at a local IDPA match that had his cellphone stationed in front of his first magazine on his belt. You already see where this is going, don't you? ;)

Yes. He attempted to feed his Glock a Motorola. Yes, he missed (I think he freaked as he saw what was about to slam into the mawell, yanked his hand back, and didn't hold on). Yes, it shattered against the wall.

That was funny.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

I reached for a mag the other day and had the basepad pop off in my hand and watched the spring/follower shoot 30ft into the woods, never to be seen again. Of course I dropped the basepad and bent down to retrieve it only to have the mag with no basepad empty 21 rounds onto the ground.

Edited by matt2ace

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen better.

We had a guy at a local IDPA match that had his cellphone stationed in front of his first magazine on his belt. You already see where this is going, don't you? ;)

Yes. He attempted to feed his Glock a Motorola. Yes, he missed (I think he freaked as he saw what was about to slam into the mawell, yanked his hand back, and didn't hold on). Yes, it shattered against the wall.

That was funny.

Wow, I wish I could have been there that would have been hilarious!!! :roflol:

A veteran shooter who has an open glock told me a story where he grabbed a mag backwards somehow and inserted it in the gun backwards. When it would not go in he slammed on the bottom of the mag to seat it. It took a pair of vice grips to get it out. No worries we all have screwed up and will again, its human nature.

• 4 months later...
I've seen better.

That was funny.

Whoa! Some of our patrol guys clip their phones on to their mag pouches; hope the "cellphone mag exchange" doesn't happen in a real gunfight...We constantly warn guys not to hang shit on their mag pouches, etc. for this same reason :surprise:

A veteran shooter who has an open glock told me a story where he grabbed a mag backwards somehow and inserted it in the gun backwards. When it would not go in he slammed on the bottom of the mag to seat it. It took a pair of vice grips to get it out. No worries we all have screwed up and will again, its human nature.

I have seen this first hand.. on the second series of "tap-and-rack" drills he realized why it wasn't seating. :wacko: