Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

The 2009 High Plains Shotgun Challenge is again being sponsored by Nordic Components and will be held at the Oklahoma City gun club range this year. This new venue will allow us to accommodate shooters a bit easier with hotels and eating establishments, plus it gives us access to a beautiful range with very nice facilities and props.

Just like last year it will be an IPSC style practical shotgun match, utilizing stages and target presentations that are normal for international competition. With the U.S. hosting the PanAm shotgun championships in 2010, this will be a great way for shooters to see what to expect. The match will consist of 12 stages, using 105 shot rounds, 22 buckshot rounds, and 30 slugs, these are minimum round amounts. Scoring will be Comstock and Virgina count, equipment rules will be IPSC and new for this year we will have a Cowboy division, which will use SASS shotgun equipment rules. (we will need 5 entries to recognize the division) IPSC shotgun divisions will be Open, Standard, and Standard Manual.

Entries and more info can be found on the HPSC website, http://highplainsshotgunchallenge.com/

more info to follow..........................

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod and I will be back again :)

Cheryl :)

Edited to read....Is this a 2 day match this time? Just need to know to plan travel, hotel, etc... Thanks...

Edited by ccur

Lee, my stage round counts come out to 30 slugs, (as I recall I had fudged a bit on the calculator) but personally I'll have 75 just for myself. A match I shot in Germany earlier this year had 60 required as minimum, hitting stuff with slugs is part of shotgunning, just like hitting flying clays. Which BTW, I have something really fun set for the 2010 match.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

It shouldn't i called the LaMarca's to get the dates so I could schedule it. unless they've changed the dates of SMM3G that they told me, mine will be the weekend before.

I would also liketo take a second to thank, R&R Racing for their generous offer to supply plates for the match, so now we have a large quantity of 4" plates to take the place of most of the clays, and they are the same size.

Thank you R & R!!!!!!!!!!

trapr

It shouldn't i called the LaMarca's to get the dates so I could schedule it. unless they've changed the dates of SMM3G that they told me, mine will be the weekend before.

I would also liketo take a second to thank, R&R Racing for their generous offer to supply plates for the match, so now we have a large quantity of 4" plates to take the place of most of the clays, and they are the same size.

Thank you R & R!!!!!!!!!!

trapr

Hi Trapr

You might know anyway, and you might not care, but just in case .......

4" plates aren't legal as targets in either IPSC or USPSA. Minimum for square or oblong plates is 6". Minimum for round plates is 6" IPSC and 8" USPSA.

Neil, I did not know that!! however the match will not be an IPSC or USPSA sanctioned match so I guess I'm OK on the one.

Although that may be an item that could be discussed at the next GA, considering that clays are 4", why not plates the same size?

thanks Trapr

Oklahoma City?

Now I can't make it if I get up at 2:00 in the morning and drive like a bat out of hell the same day.

I guess I'll just have to find a house to crash in up there.

Trap, I would love to make your match.

Only one thing,

Who is going to be the first to have flying slug targets????

See you soon

Ty

I am going to try and get a Hotel to give us a good rate for the match. I will post it as soon as I can. There are pleanty of hotels and eateries within 15 miles of the range, LOTS of parking, range is 45 minutes from the airport. and we are going to arrange food at the range. I will be posting more as I know it. KurtM

OK I know where I am sleeping for the week - Gentry you and the other hot shots need to find a cheap motel ....he only has 2 spare bedrooms !!!!

.....also amigo I dont need no blue grip tape shite on my guage to shoot it fast !! :roflol::cheers:

Hope to see you and the Corpus Boys at Benning....love you guys....

Yeah baby,!!! the way I heard it somebody with a Homer avatar won UK championships in Standard Manual. so it couldn't have been you, you better put that blue grippy tape back on......it might help you

I'll see you a Jeff's house, and I hope you can get "permission" :surprise: to come over and shoot our match as well. BTW I have found some US brewed cider that is actually pretty good, but its not scrumpy's.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I won standard auto but I didnt do that well in the last match .... :angry2: Thats what happens when you are at a crime scene all night and works gets in the way of your real purpose in life !

I have permission for Benning just need the dates and the flights are booked :cheers:

Edited by mike.45

Something that is not on the current info page is the start time for shooting,..............

We will try to start at 9:00am on saturday, and 10:00am on Sunday. (Times subject to change)

You will shoot the majority of your stages Saturday and just a couple on Sunday followed by awards, and (hopefully) an early wrap up so folks can get on their way home.

trapr

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

I can't believe you didn't ask me to share a room. I have the best way to remove ticks if you run in to any more.

That blue shite is only for looks. I want to look as good as you shoot.

We all can't be heros.

See you in Benning.

Ty

• 2 weeks later...

MGM Targets has agreed to help us put the match on,..................so we have a myriad of targets available to us for the match, I may have to adjust stages so I can take advantage of the opportunity, :surprise:

Applications are being accepted from now until match day or until we max out. I am getting very good responses from past match sponsors and new ones. Things are shaping up nicely, and it looks like we will have something promising to look forward to in the first quarter of 2009.

Trapr

• 1 month later...