Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TV Commericals

G-ManBart

I've noticed a trend lately with TV commercials and it's really annoying. You're watching a show and have the volume at a comfortable level....and then a commercial comes on, the volume jumps about 100% and the voice of the annoying guy selling Sham Wows or some Franklin Mint fake coin (for just two easy payments of $19.99) echos around the house like there's a bullhorn near the speakers. Luckily, the wife and I don't watch much TV, but it's really annoying when we do. Like blasting us with their commerical will make us more likely to buy their product??? :angry2:

Always been there but getting worse lately! My Sony even has a feature to try and balance the level from station to station but it doesn't help much with this BS. We have taken to using the mute button it is so bad.

Direct TV's commerical volume is TERRIBLE!!! I fall asleep to quite Military Channel or History programs. The volume is real low so my wife isn't bothered. Then the dude with the black painted hair and beard starts screaming about a stuipd garden attachment for your cordless drill. Sets ya' straight up. Pi$$es off the Mrs too. Hate it.

so...+1 :)

Jim

Directv here too. Some channels worse than others. Hate it! :angry2:

+ 1 to this and all of the above.....

I have heard that even an annoying commercial is effective in increasing sales. If so, I am most definitely the exception to that rule.

Edited by Merlin Orr

That's why I DVR everything I watch and then skip right through the commercials. I can watch 2 one hour shows in about 1 hour, then I go to the reloading bench.

Me, too. Some 2 hour shows (Dancing w/ Stars) can be watched in 35-45 minutes with DVR. I love it. Don't know how I ever survived without it. Out of town at a hotel this weekend and had to find 2 shows to "flip" between. I have no tolerance for commercials anymore.

That's why I DVR everything I watch and then skip right through the commercials. I can watch 2 one hour shows in about 1 hour, then I go to the reloading bench.

Me, too. Some 2 hour shows (Dancing w/ Stars) can be watched in 35-45 minutes with DVR. I love it. Don't know how I ever survived without it. Out of town at a hotel this weekend and had to find 2 shows to "flip" between. I have no tolerance for commercials anymore.

Same here.

I'd pay extra just to have the commercials permanently removed.

I can't say that I have noticed. Might just be that I've probably watched ten hours of TV in the last year and that was college football. Nothing worth watching! Too many good books, weathers too nice to camp out in front of the TV inside. Even if the networks crank down the volumn during the commercials they are still aimed at the morons in this country.

CYa,

Pat

Same here.

I'd pay extra just to have the commercials permanently removed.

The funny thing is you already are.....One of those things that always struck me odd. When you listen to the radio, there are commercials because its a free services. When you watch the locals OTA (over the air) there are commercials because its a free services. If you want commercial free radio you get XM or another sat. radio service to get more channels without commercials. Why cant it be like that with Cable\Sat. TV? Hopefully im not the only one that thinks like that....

It practicaly sells itself !!! :roflol::roflol:

I like the sham wow comercial because I am so entertained by that idiot selling the magic shammie

Where did they find that guy, rehab, I'm thinking, ?? He tries to make you feel like an idiot for not already knowing

about Sham Wow, he's like wasting his time even being there, "it practicaly sells itself" !! :roflol:

He pours that drink on the carpet, just touches the carpets edge with the magic shammy, and after a really bad

edit cut, the carpet is perfectly dry. The liquid just jumps through the air to the magic shammie !! :surprise:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

The "theory" is that the people who do these commercials expect people to get up from the TV during the commercials and increase the volume so you can hear it from the kitchen while you get your snacks/drinks etc. In reality what they have done is pissed a bunch of people off and have people hitting the mute button automatically as the commercial come on so that no one hears it.