Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would there be interest

carinab

I made my annual post nationals call to my old shooting coach today and I told him about this thread. It got his interest piqued and he dug around his things and found newsletters, COF's, scores, notes, etc from the shoots held at Big Bear Valley - pre SWPL days circa 1965-70. If he put it together in a sort of book form with stories about all the colorful characters of the day, do you think there would be interest?

Edited by carinab

I would think there would be enough interest to get it self published and sell enough copies to people such as on this forum that you would at least make a little money. If nothing else, there are many who are relatively new to the sport that would be interested in some of the "Hell, I was there!" stories. I know I am.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely be interested in something like that. One of my prized possesions is a copy of the 1965 edition of Outdoor Life's "Complete Book Of Shooting." Most of the handgun section was written by Jeff Cooper. Lots of vintage pics and some COFs like the Mexican Defense.

I haven't been real active in shooting during the last few years, but there was a guy in our club out here in San Diego during the 80s and 90s who knew Cooper, Chapman, Plahn, and some of the others, and shot with them back in the day. His eyes just lit up when I showed him the book.

We have a history and we should be proud of it-the more the better.