Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reminder - 7th Annual MCRC Toys for Tots Action Pistol Match

On Saturday, December 13, 2008, Mid-Carolina Rifle Club will host a charity action pistol match in support of the United States Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots Program. Registration will begin at 8:30 am, with walk through and safety briefings at 9:00. Shooting will begin at 9:30am.

The Match: This will be a United States Practical Shooting Association approved match with 7 courses of fire (187 rounds minimum). We will use the USPSA 14th edition rule book.

Match Fee: Competitors are asked to bring a new toy valued at $20.00 (or more) in lieu of a match fee. In the event that a competitor does not bring a toy, he/she may make a tax-deductible donation of $20.00 (or more) to Toys for Tots.

Divisons:

• Revolver – Any standard revolver without optics

• Production – Standard “off the shelf” pistols without enhancements (Beretta, Glock, etc.). LEOs may use duty rigs.

• Limited – Pistols with minor enhancements (trigger work, accuracy, etc). No compensators or electronic optics – no limit to ammunition capacity for magazines no longer than 140mm.

• Limited 10 – same as pistols in Limited division, but with a 10 round magazine limitation.

• Open – Pistols that have enhancements such as: compensators, optics and no limitation on ammunition capacity (magazines up to but not longer than 170mm).

• Single Stack - Single Stack government model pistol.

Prizes: All competitors will be eligible for a random drawing of prizes donated by sponsors.

All proceeds will be donated to Toys for Tots. USPSA, Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, and Toys for Tots are all non-profit organizations.

For More Information, contact: Jack Suber, Match Director, at (803)206.5917 email: lightningjack@bellsouth.net.

www.southcarolina-uspsa.org

www.toysfortots.org

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be an on-line application (improved over last year - it will send me the information directly & you will not have to open your email provider) but it will not be up until after October 1st. I will post on this thread when it is ready.

MCRC is a 'not for profit' club, with a mission statement that includes support for the shooting sports as well as the community. The USPSA activity fees for this event ($1.50 per shooter) are covered by Mid Carolina Rifle Club, so that ALL proceeds can be donated to Toys for Tots, and the USPSA group gets credit for the activity. They also completely cover any match expenses: targets, pasters, paint, etc.

A local caterer will have lunch available at the range for about $6.00 and they donate a portion of their proceeds to Toys for Tots, also.

Hope to see you there.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

MCRC Secretary

and

2008 Toys for Tots Statistician

• 1 month later...

OK. Online pre-registration is up (thanks Linda). Just go to my website and follow the links. Sponsors are coming through. Things are looking good. Remember, we are limited the the match to 120 competitors.

More updates to come.

One other thing - We will accept credit cards for the registration and/or contributions to Toys for Tots.

I also want to point out that our Marine Reserve Unit that normally handles Toys for Tots deployed to Afghanistan last month. Only a skeleton staff (6 Marines) stayed behind for administrative duties. That is really going to effect their Toys for Tots drive this year. So, we need to step and up help the guys who do so much for us.

Take care.

Ready to go! I pre-registered last night. I have been tring to get to this match for 3 years now,now Im going. I hope any or all of you seasoned guys will help a new guy out,Im not new to the shooting sports,just first time shooting USPSA style shooting.

See yall at the range.

Jeff

BTW Ill be shooting Limited!

Edited by ghost21

Here is a link to information on the match and match sponsors - FYI:

http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/T4T08%20Announcement.htm

I am finalizing the stages now. In order to speed things up, we will have the prize drawings done prior to the match so that shooters will know what they have won when they sign in. However, drawings for the gun(s) will be handled at the end of the match during the awards ceremony. All competitors will be eligible win the drawings for gun(s).

Additional information will be forthcoming.

Jack, my pc took a dump a week ago and I lost everything, it took until a couple of days ago to get it back up. How 'bout send me the sponsor info again if you don't mind. I'll also include in the sposorship an extra $100 to cover the entry fee for 5 junior shooters, pick'em any way you want to.

Thanks,

Kenny

Jack, my pc took a dump a week ago and I lost everything, it took until a couple of days ago to get it back up. How 'bout send me the sponsor info again if you don't mind. I'll also include in the sposorship an extra $100 to cover the entry fee for 5 junior shooters, pick'em any way you want to.

Thanks,

Kenny

Awesome, Kenny! Thanks. I'll get the info to you shortly and add you to the Sponsor list. I hope you can make it this year. Take care.

Thanks,

Kenny

Awesome, Kenny! Thanks. I'll get the info to you shortly and add you to the Sponsor list. I hope you can make it this year. Take care.

All he has to do is be semi awake when I roll past his driveway going to the match.

The Colón's will be there... Homeless :(

Jack? ;)

"The Boss" was asking if y'all were coming this year and where you were going to stay? She said something about a cookbook and then being forgotten or something like that..... ;)

Mi case es su case.....

Just registered! See yall there!

Any recommendations on good hotels in the area? We're probaly coming in on Friday.

Blake,

There are several hotels on Garners Ferry Rd, just off of I-77 about 4 exits from the range. Lots of restaurants in the area. There is a new Sleep Inn hotel on that exit. I think there is a HI Express there too and a couple of others. I'll try to get some info on them in the next day or two.

Just registered! See yall there!

Any recommendations on good hotels in the area? We're probaly coming in on Friday.

Blake,

There are several hotels on Garners Ferry Rd, just off of I-77 about 4 exits from the range. Lots of restaurants in the area. There is a new Sleep Inn hotel on that exit. I think there is a HI Express there too and a couple of others. I'll try to get some info on them in the next day or two.

Thanks!