Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reminder - 7th Annual MCRC Toys for Tots Action Pistol Match

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:surprise: Still running through he ways that I could engage the stages. Maybe I'll figure out some good ideas before I am up at the match. :surprise:

The more auto shooters that finish behind me in the match, the more amused I will be. :P

Looks to be a very fun match for sure. :D

wheelgun limited 6 rules!!!

Edited by Blueridge

I wanted to let everyone know that we are changing the name of the match to:

The Tim Daugherty Memorial Toys for Tots Action Pistol Match

in memory of our friend. We look forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.

http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/T4T08%20Announcement.htm

thank you Jack. Even though I can't be there to help out, I am there in spirit and so is my dad.

Good luck and safe shooting to all!!!

Katie

Will see everyone in the morining! Can't wait for the match to begin. Now where did I put those handwarmers? <_<

Seriously honey, it was only 10 degrees here in Wisconsin today and I was moving.......50 degrees is a heat wave to us yankees!!! :D

Good luck to you and I will see you Memorial Day!!! Cant wait!

Edited by katiekittie

We had an AWESOME turnout today!!! We had 120 shooters. Thanks to everyone who showed up and supported Toys for Tots. We collected A LOT OF TOYS!!! :cheers: So much that the Marines had to make 3 trips to transport them!!! We collected $4,445.00 in cash and checks for Toys for Tots and will have more coming in tomorrow and Monday. Our sponsors were fantastic!!!

Congrats to the winners:

Open Divison - Clint Upchurch

Production - Rob Romero

Limited - Yousef Sansour

Limited 10 - James Smith

Revolver - Greg Queen

Single Stack - Bill Munier

I will have a more detailed report tomorrow....We are debriefing right now :cheers:

Katie, your Dad would be smiling.

This match is the most fun I have had at a USPSA match for several reasons. The chance to shoot with 11 other revolver shooters, the sense of camaradarie among all of the participants, the great and challenging stages that were presented, and the smooth flow of the match through to the awards presentation (undoubtably due to all of the hard work of those who helped put it all together. ;) )

Accuracy wise it was the best match results I have had in my time shooting USPSA. :D Now all I have to do is find a way to be more swift on the stages, or get the other revolver shooters to slow down. :lol:

I look forward to next year. :cheers:

This match is the most fun I have had at a USPSA match for several reasons. The chance to shoot with 11 other revolver shooters, the sense of camaradarie among all of the participants, the great and challenging stages that were presented, and the smooth flow of the match through to the awards presentation (undoubtably due to all of the hard work of those who helped put it all together. ;) )

Accuracy wise it was the best match results I have had in my time shooting USPSA. :D Now all I have to do is find a way to be more swift on the stages, or get the other revolver shooters to slow down. :lol:

I look forward to next year. :cheers:

I don't think any one could say anything bad about this match--UNLESS IT WAS THAT JACK DID NOT WEAR ORANGE---but who was looking--great match--Eddie

Both of my sons shot this match with me and I was extremely proud of both of them. But, I think the proudest moment was when Marshal won Unclassified Production. Hopefully this will encourage him to want to shoot more.

Thanks again to everyone who helped pull this match off.

Just a week after shooting Fort Benning 3 Gun and WOW another super fantastic match. Kinda funny.....wherever Linda goes a good match ensues.

Had a ton of fun and am tickled that it was so successful. Squad 4 was a well oiled machine and pushed 17 shooters through each stage in record time(even though we had a few hat wearers)and we had a good time. The stages were excellent and I enjoyed shooting all "classic" targets.

I really found it touching to dedicate the happening of this match to Tim Daugherty.....a dedicated shooter and Marine.

I know he is proud watching from above. It is well deserved.

The most successful T4T match to date and it is only gonna get better.

Big thanks again to Linda,Jack,Julie,Donnie and all else who made this excellent match possible. And congrats to the winners. :cheers:

I need to add some thank you's:

First, I want to thank my club (Mid-Carolina Rifle Club), for supporting this match. ALL of our disciplines (Steel Challenge, IDPA, Cowboy Action, High-power Rifle, and Steel Silhouette) donated their most recent match entries fees to Toys for Tots. We had club volunteers who came out and helped set-up and actually worked the match.

Thanks to Banks Pressley and James Smith who came out Friday and helped Donnie, Tom and I set-up the stages. Roy Mullis, Mid-Carolina Rifle Club's Chief Range Officer, was on the range at daylight Friday morning grading the bays in order to fix the erosion that had occured because of the rain Thursday night. Also, thanks to everyone who helped take down the stages after the match.

Again, thanks to our sponsors and their support of our match:

Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, Mossberg Firearms, ParaUSA, BrianEnos.com, Springfield Armory, CPWSA, TechwearUSA, Viking Tactics, Infinity Firearms, IronMind, Joseph and Janet Katz, Starline Brass, USPSA, Millennium Custom, Speed Shooter Specialties, Redding Reloading, American Shooters Edge, Atlanta Arms and Ammo, Wilson Combat, CHEYTAC USA, ESS, MLM International, Target Barn, JR's Hearing Muff Sweats, Trijicon, Rugged Gear, Revi Technical Wear, LaRue Tactical, Safariland, Sportsman's Warehouse, Palmetto Party Rentals, Blackhawk, and USPSA.

Linda, Donnie, Tom, and Julie - None of this could get done without y'all. My son John helped by puting together all of the shooters bags and sorting prizes. Sandra Orvig (Ms. Kitty) was most helpful in contacting sponsors for us.

Finally, thanks to the USMC for the work they do with Toys for Tots; and, all of the men and women serving in our armed forces. Please keep them in your prayers during this holiday season.

I'll be posting results and pix later today.

Edited by Jack Suber

Results and sponsor information are posted at: http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/2008%20T4T.htm.

The 2009 Tim Daugherty Memorial Toys for Tots Charity action Pistol Match will be held at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, December 12, 2009. Mark your calendars and we look forward to seeing you there!

Here are some pix:

post-950-1229285771_thumb.jpg

post-950-1229285807_thumb.jpg

post-950-1229285841_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack Suber