Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N. Texas Section Championship

North Texas Section Championship

One Day - Sunday October 12th.

Only 75.00 entry fee, 8 stages, 240+ rounds

Greenville, Texas

Giving Away Guns and Slots to the Nationals IF you are a NTX section club member and More guns, did i Mention Guns. Anyone that enters the champ can win a gun.

• 1 month later...
Who is able to shoot in this match? Do you have to be a member of USPSA? I have participated in many of my local club matches and I am thinking of making a road trip for this one but I am not a member of USPSA.

You can shoot this match as Unclassifed and be just fine.

Lee

The NTX Championship match over the past 3-4 years has really been a quality shooting event...and I thought that this year, it was truly exceptional.

The weather could not have been more perfect - mid 80's, sunshine, slight breeze.

The range was in great shape as well (ok, the grass was a little high on one or two of the bays - but NO MUD!)

With the recent updates (enclosing) of the two end bays, the range can easily accommodate 8 stages of 180-degree shooting.

You can't have a great match without a great setup/RO crew, and these folks built another great playground in which we could all enjoy a great day at the range.

Plenty of help makes for very smooth ops and without these guys and TheGirl, we would not have seen such an outstanding mix of stages, and such a smooth running operation.

To me, the heart & soul of any match is the quality of the stages.

Do they present a shooting challenge?

Do they make you handle your gun well - table draws, turn & draw, quick reloads, etc.?

Do they test your ability to transition between targets?

Do they make you aim?

Do they make you think - which is the best path for me to shoot this stage?

Does the level of difficulty test the GM's without penalizing the other classes?

Are they fun?

YES, on all the above.

Many of the stage designs offered multiple shooting paths, some offered wide open targets (tempting you to forget about the sights and look for that next target), while still others offered hardcover/no-shoots at distance (making you aim - what a concept!).

I think we all owe a special word of thanks to Robert P, Steve M and the rest of the Wichita Falls crew for making much of this match possible.

These guys brought what seemed like half of the DTR walls, props, steel, stands, etc. to Greenville! That is commitment!

Special recognition goes to Lee N for writing that 'magic' bar-code scanner code and having it built into EZWinScore, AND for plugging away on the scoresheets to make sure we had results available within moments of the last shot fired. Thank you!

For those of you unable to attend - duuuuuuuuuuuude, you missed a hell-of a fun match!

That was a fun match. Thanks to all.. Will definitely shoot it next year.

Congrats to all of the Class winners. I think that Oklahoma was well represented in this one!! :)

<edit> BTW, Are the scores posted anywhere? </edit>

Edited by mike_pinto