Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore rheostat issue

pinger

I have a Cmore with the standard rheostat. When you turn it on, you have to turn it almost all the way to to even see it, and then it's either too bright or too dim/off. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Yep, mine is the same way. Nothing, nothing, nothing, a little, everything! Mine is only a six dot so I run it all the way up so isn't an issue but if it was a 10 or 12 I would most likely send it back to be checked/fixed.

Yep, mine is the same way. Nothing, nothing, nothing, a little, everything! Mine is only a six dot so I run it all the way up so isn't an issue but if it was a 10 or 12 I would most likely send it back to be checked/fixed.

I just got one back from C-More, $25.00 plus shipping for a new switch. Mine, however, quit working entirely. I have four others, they have very little adjustment. I think this might be the nature of the beast!

abs

I have two that are the "Click" adjustment, and i've never had any issues with them. This one just happens to be brand new. It came on a new open gun that i bought about a month and a half ago. As long as it continues to light up, i guess it's no big deal.

I have two that are the "Click" adjustment, and i've never had any issues with them. This one just happens to be brand new. It came on a new open gun that i bought about a month and a half ago. As long as it continues to light up, i guess it's no big deal.

My other one is a click and the first two or three clicks are dead. No big deal because I crank it up also but they aren't immune to issues either. :( If they were I'd spend the money and get the "normal" one converted to a click.

I believe C-more gets these custom made with a scrape taken off the low end so they'll go all the way 'off'. If the mfg boned up the scrape, you'd see that.

My other one is a click and the first two or three clicks are dead. No big deal because I crank it up also but they aren't immune to issues either. :( If they were I'd spend the money and get the "normal" one converted to a click.

I read some place that the first three settings are set low for a tactical application. Mine is the same way.

Maybe it was in the directions?

I read some place that the first three settings are set low for a tactical application. Mine is the same way.

Maybe it was in the directions?

That was my understanding. At the first two settings it is visible to night vision gear without washing it out.

fwiw

dj

• 10 months later...

Moderator note: merged threads

I have my first new to me open gun that I had rechambered to 9mm for steel shooting. The C-more with reostat only comes on the last 1/4 turn at full brite, no real dimming even indoors. Have switched batteries and dot did not imporve. Switched modules with a friend and get dot dimming the range of reostat. Have ordered replace dot module.

Has anybody else had this happen or other C-more issues to watch for?

Thanks,

Barry

Mine has the same problem. It only works wide open and the last time I shot it, it turned off in the middle of a stage. It is about 8 years old and has at least 80K on it. I'm gonna pull it off and send it back to C-More because I need a new lens too. The adjustment screws could use replacing as well. My shorty Hybricomp chewed it up pretty good before I put a blast shield on it.

Anybody had a complete factory re-build?

My C-More recently has a mind of its own. I switched from an 8moa to a 6moa dot and it started eating batteries. So I thought. 3 batteries in 3 weeks. I'm positive I didn't leave it on.

So last week during a match, on make ready, I turn on the click switch and take a sight picture, load and holster. When I engage 1st target there is no dot. I hit the side gun and the dot comes on. I fire and the dot goes out. I fire again with no dot and it comes back on. I only saw my dot on about half the targets of that stage. Of course it was a classifier :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the batteries were fine. Seems to be a short or bad connection somewhere.

I tapped on the C-More a few times and turned it on and off and it worked for the rest of the match. I've checked it everyday since and it is working.

Anyone else had this happen?