Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tim Daugherty - 7/4/48 - 8/20/08

Jack Suber

Tim and I spent a lot of time together. He was always there to bail me out when my gun would break at the last minute. There were many times when I would call his house late at night: "Tim, are you busy?" Tim would say, "Nah!! What did you break?" I would drive over and we would go out to his shop. He would always start by saying, "Jeez, what the hell did you do to this thing?" :surprise: In no time, however, he would get me up and running again.

We travelled to many matches together, usually because Linda had already gone ahead earlier in the week to score the match. One year when we were went to Tennessee (when the TN Sectional was at Oakridge) we arrived shortly after a rain. We were pulling into the pasture to park when my wife's brand new Surburban started to slide uncontrolably on the grass..It turned sideways and started picking up speed down a slope towards a group of parked cars. I am freaking trying to get control and Tim's in the passenger seat with a grin on his face. We stopped about 1/2 inch away from a parked car (on Tim's) side. Tim looked out and then looked at me and said, "That was cool! Let's do it again!"

Then there was the time when we drove up to Greenville Gun Club for a match several years ago. It was my turn on the last stage and Tim was the RO. The timer went off and I drew and fired my first shot. My slide, barrel, everything went flying down range and hit the target! WTF!?!? I was stunned. I had never had a slide stop break before nor had I seen one break before. I look around and Tim is struggling to stay on his feet because he is laughing so hard. I was still in WTF mode but Tim is in tears, howling! Finally, he gets enough composure to say, "Well, you have already taken care of unloading and showing clear.......can you get whats left in the holster?" By that time, everyone is howling laughing.

We had many good times on the range and lots of laughs....I'll miss him....

It made me cry to read this and know how wonderful it is that even when we die we live on in the memories and happiness we bring into the lives of others.

Linda, our prayers go out to you and your family.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past December, I lost a very dear from this community. She was loved and liked by all. Hearing of your husdand made me cry instantly. I am so sorry and my heart weights heavily for you.

We have met only me a few times (at the registration table) and you probabily do not know me, but that is not important. I feel for your loss and in some way, it is like my own because it made me miss my dear friend too. I wish she was still here. I wish I could tell her that I love her and let her know how much I miss her. I hope she knows.

I hope you know that you are a wonderful person who is loved by many and that you are surrounded by love. So if a somewhat stranger comes up to you and gives you a giant hug, it will be me.

Tony Marcellino

Edited by TM262

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers and best wishes sent Linda.

As the CRO of of the SC State Match years ago, Tim pleasantly taught me the finer points of the rules. I shot a stage where they forgot to paste the targets from the previous shooter. I stopped and told the RO that the targets weren't pasted :roflol:

Cy

Edited by chp5