Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tim Daugherty - 7/4/48 - 8/20/08

Jack Suber

It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of my good friend, Tim Daugherty. Tim was one of the first persons I met when I started shooting and went out of his way to help me. Please keep Linda and his family in your prayers. Tim did not did not want a funeral or memorial service. He requested that his ashes be spread in Wyoming. Linda asked me to post the obituary and tell everyone that she appreciates all of the calls, emails and PM's. She just can't respond to all of them at this time.

Tim Daugherty:

Timothy Daugherty died today (August 20, 2008) at his home after a long battle with leukemia. Born July 4, 1948, in Milwaukee WI, he was the son of the late Cecil C. Daugherty and the late Jeanette Schuettler Daugherty.

Tim is survived by his wife, Linda Chico of the home; daughter, Katie Daugherty-Landers (David) of Waupaca, WI; son, Charles Daugherty (Heather Johnson) of Pewaukee, WI; and grandchildren: Bradley, Yasmine, Arianna, Sheena, Jordan and Andrew. Also surviving are his sister, Madeleine (Pat) Kacizak of St Louis, MO, and brother, Michael (Mick) Daugherty of St Louis, MO. Tim was preceded in death by 3 brothers: James, William, and Daniel Daugherty.

Tim served in the US Marine Corps during the Vietnam War with the 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, 5th Communications Command. He earned a National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, and a Good Conduct Medal prior to his Honorable Discharge.

Tim was employed by Fisher Service Company in Columbia, S.C. A big fan of major league baseball, Tim supported the Milwaukee Brewers and he always tried to catch a game when visiting in Wisconsin.

He was an avid sportsman enjoying fishing, hunting, and competitive shooting. A member of Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, his closest friends were fellow shooters. He was a Life Member of the National Rifle Association and the U S Practical Shooting Association (USPSA). Tim served as the South Carolina Section Coordinator for several years. He was a certified Chief Range Safety Officer with USPSA. He particpated in many state, area, and national USPSA events as a competitor and range officer.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to:

CLL Topics, Inc.

PO Box 168,

Sedona AZ 86339-0168.

The CLL Topics website provided Tim with patient-centered support and straightforward information about his disease. Donations are used to support CLL research.

post-950-1219273201_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack Suber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My deepest sympathies for Linda and the rest of Tim's family, both immediate and the obvious extended group whose love and respect he earned. Though I never met Tim I feel that as a community we've lost something special.

Much love to you, Linda.

...Mark