Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tim Daugherty - 7/4/48 - 8/20/08

Jack Suber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim and I spent a lot of time together. He was always there to bail me out when my gun would break at the last minute. There were many times when I would call his house late at night: "Tim, are you busy?" Tim would say, "Nah!! What did you break?" I would drive over and we would go out to his shop. He would always start by saying, "Jeez, what the hell did you do to this thing?" :surprise: In no time, however, he would get me up and running again.

We travelled to many matches together, usually because Linda had already gone ahead earlier in the week to score the match. One year when we were went to Tennessee (when the TN Sectional was at Oakridge) we arrived shortly after a rain. We were pulling into the pasture to park when my wife's brand new Surburban started to slide uncontrolably on the grass..It turned sideways and started picking up speed down a slope towards a group of parked cars. I am freaking trying to get control and Tim's in the passenger seat with a grin on his face. We stopped about 1/2 inch away from a parked car (on Tim's) side. Tim looked out and then looked at me and said, "That was cool! Let's do it again!"

Then there was the time when we drove up to Greenville Gun Club for a match several years ago. It was my turn on the last stage and Tim was the RO. The timer went off and I drew and fired my first shot. My slide, barrel, everything went flying down range and hit the target! WTF!?!? I was stunned. I had never had a slide stop break before nor had I seen one break before. I look around and Tim is struggling to stay on his feet because he is laughing so hard. I was still in WTF mode but Tim is in tears, howling! Finally, he gets enough composure to say, "Well, you have already taken care of unloading and showing clear.......can you get whats left in the holster?" By that time, everyone is howling laughing.

We had many good times on the range and lots of laughs....I'll miss him....

Edited by Jack Suber

An old Irish Prayer:

Remembered Joy

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!

I follow the plan God laid for me.

I saw His face, I heard His call,

I took His hand and left it all...

I could not stay another day,

To love, to laugh, to work or play;

Tasks left undone must stay that way.

And if my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...

Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.

My life's been full, I've savoured much:

Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—

Don't shorten yours with undue grief.

Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,

Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

There are no words to describe the sadness I have in my heart this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with Linda, Katie, Chuck and the rest of the family. I am fortunate to have known Tim. He was always the "Ray of Sunshine" on the range and off-waiting with kind words, encouragement and a big hug. (Maybe not hugs for the guys, but definitely for the girls!) I will miss Tim terribly.

Linda, lots of love to you.

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Linda, I can't imagine the grief you are feeling right now. While I only met Tim once, it was very apparent that you and he were soulmates. It is hard losing your best friend, and that is exactly what has happenned. I'm sure Tim is up there getting the match set-up for you so you have something to score when you (an we) go to join him someday. Cherish the times you spent together and remember him always as the love of your life. Your dedication to him as a wife spoke volumes about your love for him.

Sincerest Condolences,

Your Friend, Jeff LaFave

Edited by Barrettone

Linda, I hope that with stories like the ones Jack has shared that will help you to remember the good times that you both shared. I never met Tim but from the stories I have heard on the range he was a very good man and touched a lot of lives. God bless you and remember the good times and all the silly things that made you laugh. He will live on in everyone's memories and stories.

John Lovell