Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore - Dot size & Click or Standard?

cdrissel

I just made the jump to open class.

I have a cmore with the 8 moa dot and standard intensity switch.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of smaller vs larger dots?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of satandard vs click intensity switches?

Thanks

Edited by SpottyB

I have a cmore with the 8 moa dot.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of smaller and larger dots?

Thanks

There is very little difference between the 8moa and the 6moa. I have one of each and the only real difference I see is that the 8moa appears brighter and fuller, but that's about it. If you go smaller, the dot is harder to track on fast, close targets, but better for long range stuff like 50yd standards. If you go bigger the dot is easier to pick up and track on the fast, close stuff, but blocks out more of the target at longer ranges....I wouldn't want to try 50yd standards with a 12moa dot! For now I prefer the 8moa as an all-around choce. It's really just something you'll have to experiment with to find what works best for you. R,

I have standardized on the 8 becuase it can be used in nearly any situation or lighting condition. I had a 6 in the gun but it was not as bright and on a sunny Florida day it was a bit harder to find. I even have a 4 MOA and that is very hard to see on a sunny day.

I have standardized on the 8 becuase it can be used in nearly any situation or lighting condition. I had a 6 in the gun but it was not as bright and on a sunny Florida day it was a bit harder to find. I even have a 4 MOA and that is very hard to see on a sunny day.

Same here, and I like the standard switch. Sometimes I want a setting that is between clicks.

I have a cmore with the 8 moa dot.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of smaller and larger dots?

Thanks

There is very little difference between the 8moa and the 6moa. I have one of each and the only real difference I see is that the 8moa appears brighter and fuller, but that's about it. If you go smaller, the dot is harder to track on fast, close targets, but better for long range stuff like 50yd standards. If you go bigger the dot is easier to pick up and track on the fast, close stuff, but blocks out more of the target at longer ranges....I wouldn't want to try 50yd standards with a 12moa dot! For now I prefer the 8moa as an all-around choce. It's really just something you'll have to experiment with to find what works best for you. R,

+1

I have used an 8 click and an 8 standard.

I have to say I like the click better - Why... I dunno.. maybe it is easier for me to tell if I turned if off or not.

:ph34r:

I like the 8 min dots, I like the click switch but it is prone to breakage for no good reason. The rheostat is more reliable but a little harder to use especially when cold. I have both and dont get to worked up about either. If you have an aluminum cmore you dont have a choice as it is click only.

I use a 6 on all of my C-mores and find it best. I tried a 4 and an 8, the 4 was just too small for super bright days and the 8 looked like a balloon. Of the three 6's I have right now there is a pretty decent difference between them, probably something like 20% difference in dot size. The 8 I had was probably a really big 8 and close to a 10 because it just looked huge to me, every 4 I have seen has been really tiny, great indoor or in lower light conditions but in bright sun they just don't get it done for me. I looked at a 12 once and it looked like a basketball hovering in the lens, I don't think I could use it.

The latest scope I bought is a click and I like it a lot better. Every one of the rheostat scopes I have ever played with adjust nicely for about half the dial, then nothing until the last little bit where they go a ton brighter with no adjustment between half and full on. The clicks seem to have a difference for each click and it is easier for me to pick the intensity I want at that particular time.

I have the standard 6moa but I think I would like the 8 better but just never switched. I have never used the click switch, just never really seen a reason why to switch.

Maybe when my current C-more dies I'll go ahead and switch over

Flyin

• 2 weeks later...