Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

D-M4BE

A62335

There are a lot of assumptions going on in this thread. Charles Daly actually did a lot of home work before building these guns. They used really good parts from good manufacturers when building these guns. The president of Charles Daly posts at M4Carbine and been very up front about what their plans are. Several big name trainers (i.e. Larry Vickers) that have gotten samples have commented on well built they are. The prices listed on their website are like every other dealers suggested retail prices and sell for a good deal less.

I deleted some posts out of this thread that weren't appropriate to this forum.

I can see where the attitudes came from pretty easy.

If you are going to respond further to this topic, please do so from first-hand experience with the gun in question.

Thanks,

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

I know that MiddleMan has one, is there anyone else on the board that owns one of these rifles? I just put one on layaway at a local dealer, it should show up in about a week. I'm really looking into getting into 3-gun, and this looks like a pretty good rifle to start with.

http://www.charlesdalydefense.com/firearms.asp

Congratulations... I'm sure you will enjoy it. Sweet looking rifle.

I recently purchased an M&P15T and got ragged on for spending that kind of denero but hey, we're not all up to building our own yet and it's great to find one that's already set up with all the bells and whistles you're looking for.

Enjoy :cheers:

Edited cause I broke the shot before the sights were on target !! :blush::P

Oops sorry, looked at the wrong one, ok looks alright but stll alot of $$$

How about a Saber Defense, they do support our sport, 3gun !!

I'm sure this one will do just fine !!!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Jeremy,

First, sorry...looked at the wrong one. Actually pretty sweet looking (and Charles Daly, along CZ does support the sport). The dollars are steep in lieu of them being cheaper than the MSRP listed. However, while building it yourself is cheaper, I do understand that there is some intimidation with regards to that.

Food for thought, a JP-15 is not too much more and does have a way better resale. Again...food for thought.

See ya in Reno!

Rich

Jeremy,

First, sorry...looked at the wrong one. Actually pretty sweet looking (and Charles Daly, along CZ does support the sport). The dollars are steep in lieu of them being cheaper than the MSRP listed. However, while building it yourself is cheaper, I do understand that there is some intimidation with regards to that.

Food for thought, a JP-15 is not too much more and does have a way better resale. Again...food for thought.

See ya in Reno!

Rich

Rich is on point except about the price of the Charles Daly and JP being close in price. You will be able to buy the Daly under MSRP most all the time. To date, I have never seen an JP sell under MSRP unless John Paul just leaves me off of the sales flyer list. :)

Charles

The only experience I have with one is shooting middle man's gun after a match day. If I was in the market for a 3 gun rifle and didn't build my own I would consider it. I would want a lighter trigger, but that would have to be done with almost any off the shelf gun. I didn't like the slickness of the floattube but that is an easy fix. Unless you buy a jp I can't think of another name brand rifle you can buy that comes this close to being set up and ready to go.

I don't know if jeremy has gotten it out to 200 or 300 yards yet or not but results with good ammo at that distance would finish answering what questions I still have about this gun.

I don't know what dealer is on this thing but I would be surprised if you could build a gun with comperable specs for much less out of brownell's at dealer cost.

If I had the time I'd take it as an exercise. As it is I'll leave it to an intrested party.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Acually I looked around at the current prices and this is not a bad deal

at all, It's got all the extras that we put on already on there.. If it performs

at distance, which I cant see why it would'nt, then I dont see any downside to it.

Next time, when you post a picture of a rifle your link needs to take us directly to the one

your talking about because we are "way" too lazy to scroll down to the correct one !!! :roflol:

We all just jumped to the conclusion that your getting an overpriced M4 for 3gun... :o:lol:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

So.. what do these go for on the street? Looks like it's got most of what people would like...

Any idea what handguard that is?

Carbon Fiber free-float, same as what DPMS, Clark, and others sell.

Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $1395.00

Street price probably in the neighborhood of $1200.

Maybe less, there is no real industry standard as to retail markups...some dealers need to eat, some seem not to.

Thanks for all the input, I think I will be quite satisfied with this rifle. I am going to throw a meopta 1-3 in a larue mount on it and call it good for now. A JP trigger will get dropped in later on down the road.

Ill get some pictures up as soon as it gets to my dealer. We haven't fought out the final price for the rifle, but I am thinking it will be right around $1200 before tax.

Thanks for all the input, I think I will be quite satisfied with this rifle. I am going to throw a meopta 1-3 in a larue mount on it and call it good for now. A JP trigger will get dropped in later on down the road.

Ill get some pictures up as soon as it gets to my dealer. We haven't fought out the final price for the rifle, but I am thinking it will be right around $1200 before tax.

Good plan. Before you jump on a JP trigger, I would suggest you try a Timney that has been tuned but they are frankly darn good out of the wrapper. Don't like the handguard? Look at the wrapping with para cord in another thread here. You will also not go wrong with a SAW Custom comp.

Charles