Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 USPSA Tennessee Hillbilly Classic (Oct. 10 & 11)

All I can say is I hope you have more skill than your football team....you're going to need it.

Steel,

My team is the "USF Bulls" out of Florida.

I would not claim any TN team especially after that embarrassing loss.

Actually I am one of the MS crowd that hangs out with HOP so much that people think I am from TN. (I also go to the same barber!)

LOL

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yawn:

If ya'll can't do any better than that, I think I'll go to bed. :cheers:

Oh, and the TENNESSEE VOLS are just fine. They are helping UCLA to get their program back in the lights ! ;)

BTW, small thread drift.

See how many SEC teams are in the top 10 ???? :sight:

Hop

Steel,

Sorry but even USF could beat Kentucky! :surprise:

Hopefully USF learned there lesson about believing the polls actually mean anything last year and play the weekly opponent instead.

Hop.

Missed your call, but thanks for the message and the help with the last few details of prep for Tulsa, I will see how the first stage goes and see how close to that edge I can get without falling off! :cheers:

POG don't fail me now!

I will update here as the days events go.

LONG LIVE THE POG!

Steel,

USF is one of the schools even KY would play to get a easy win on the schedule because the rest of the SEC teams are the best in the country.

Edited by steel1212

Steel,

USF is one of the schools even KY would play to get a easy win on the schedule because the rest of the SEC teams are the best in the country.

Yeah, you are right!

Just ask Auburn how that worked out for them last year at home. :surprise:

Yeah, when we beat them at home! try again with a little more effort.

oh, ;yeah thread back on focus now that Hop has made the surprise appearance in Tulsa!!

Come on Hop! make that wheel turn.

POGS on the move in Tulsa!

Been working on trying to keep some SANDBAGGING singlestackers from Kentucky from whippin up on me and let him slip past. :wacko:

That's OK though. next time you see him tell him "Welcome to A class" and Congrats for a great Nationals.

BUT,

I'll be Darned if that happens again (a Kentucky boy sneaking in like that) :devil:

Hop

Been working on trying to keep some SANDBAGGING singlestackers from Kentucky from whippin up on me and let him slip past. :wacko:

That's OK though. next time you see him tell him "Welcome to A class" and Congrats for a great Nationals.

BUT,

I'll be Darned if that happens again (a Kentucky boy sneaking in like that) :devil:

Hop

Oh we some sneaky SOBs....wait until you see the skill in B class, "what was that, no over there, did you see that, yup....a B classer from KENTUCKY just kicked our...." :ph34r:

I blew up on the last stage of our match sunday but I shot with want2race and he was putting down limited times with his skinney gun. I'm cutting you guys some slack though, I've got a wedding this weekend then, I'm on call next so that is 2 matches I don't get to shoot :P

As far as Matt is concerned, yeah, A class my butt, he needs to be in one more up.

Edited by steel1212

Hello Fellow Hillbilly Shooters --

This is your friendly match director, Robert. It's one month before the match. So it's time to bring everyone up to speed on some information.

We have our Level II certification. Hopefully it will posted on USPSA's calendar by Monday. So I've got my fingers crossed.

Let there be no doubt, whether we have 20 shooters or 100 shooters, this match will take place. (We already have more than 20.)

Now, as far as the self squadding process goes, to say I'm frustrated would be an understatement. After two weeks of emails and phone calls, this is still not happening. So, that being said, if you have any squadding requests please do email me at nashforee@bellsouth.net with these requests. Keeping in mind that these will be 8 man squads. And with or without self squadding, I will be posting a full information page and squads by the end of next week to a link from our web site (ntps.org).

Please be patient with responses, match director is not my full time job. Myself or my secretary (wife) will answer emails every evening when we get in from our full time gig.

All joking aside, this is my first attempt at being match director. So far I have found it exciting and pleasurable to do because of my love for the people and the sport, which I just started in three years ago.

So if you're looking for something to do on a beautiful October weekend in middle Tennessee, we have a wonderful gun range here at NTPS. Send in those applications and come on and join some good folks for a great match.

Oh, by the way, I'm a single stack shooter, if everything goes right. I should be shooting one of Derrick's at Millinium Customs 40 cal. heaters. Yee Ha.

If you have any questions please do email me or post to this site.

Thanks,

Match Director Wanna Be,

Robert J Foree

P.S. Hop, thanks for all your advice. Looking forward to seeing you and Rodney up here. And good job to both of you at the Nationals. Robert

Well you turkeys have had it now.

I am practiced up and ready to go.

Last week I shot my Wheelgun at the Nationals (18 stages worth of practice)

This weekend I shot my local club match with my STI ltd gun (5 stages worth of practice)

Next weekend is set-up for the TN section so no "Official" practice but I can always dryfire or something.

Then, the TN section where once again I'll be battling it out in Revo division with 3 of the 9 GMs in Revo..............or at least letting them battle it out and I'll cheer them on. ;)

Then we'll go to Shreveport LA and shoot the Multi-gun Nationals, where I'll shoot and AR-15 (I still don't particularly like them) and My Para Ltd gun (fits my Serpa Blackhawk holster). 3 days of practice

Then You turkeys had better be ready for the real deal. I will be so focused and "on top" of my game from all the quality practice that I might even be the SSTK division winner!!!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

With all the practice I'll be getting before hand, how can it be any other way ???? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

So look out, bring your crying towels and you POG and PAG guys, I'll be so smoking hot you won't need to even be near me or your gun will just MELT !!!! :goof::goof::goof:

See ya'll somewhere.

HOP

What no banter in 4 days ???????????????

WTH?

Man, first I gotta get the thread started, then you guys can't even keep it rolling................what a bunch of lightweights !!!! :cheers:

AND all the LOOT is still going to WEST Tennessee ! ;)

Hop

Mover5,

You're just Jealous. :sight:

See you Sunday or Friday whichever.

Hop

Hop, don't listen to them....in SS we are all baggers due to the HHF being the same as limited an all. Any classifier with a reload should be slower do to mag position and smaller hole. Plus I can shoot my limited gun faster due to the magwell helping with the recoil control.

Anyway....As long as your classified, I'm thinking we will be looking at HOA in SS more than High A/B :-) All the masters that I'm bringing are As. There is a B in Single Stack that should be a Master....get the picture lol.

Corey,

I'm not bothered by him/them he is just jealous by the fact that no matter what he's stuck at M for anything he classifies in. :roflol:

Talked to Robert on the phone the other evening. He said it looks good for 60+ on the first of what he hopes is a permanent match.

I then told him that he might as well send all the goodies this way as it is going to be coming here anyway. :cheers:

Hop

Edit to add:

Oh and Andy, It is a GOOD thing I'm not shooting a Gl@ck as it would have melted and fallen apart by the 2nd match. !!! :sight:

Edited by hopalong

Corey,

I'm not bothered by him/them he is just jealous by the fact that no matter what he's stuck at M for anything he classifies in. :roflol:

Talked to Robert on the phone the other evening. He said it looks good for 60+ on the first of what he hopes is a permanent match.

I then told him that he might as well send all the goodies this way as it is going to be coming here anyway. :cheers:

Hop

Edit to add:

Oh and Andy, It is a GOOD thing I'm not shooting a Gl@ck as it would have melted and fallen apart by the 2nd match. !!! :sight:

Only 60?!?! we must have scared off all the glockers lololololol Now I just have to figure out which SS I'm gonna use to bring the loot home with, ain't no way I'm leaving it down there...that wouldn't be fair to the loot lol