Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live fifty to sixty miles away and will travel back and fourth from home. It will be a great match as usual, I'm sure. The prize tables are unbelievably full and everyone takes home a bunch of stuff.

See you there.

Buddy

Edited by buddy_fuentes

I'm going. I only live 1 3/4 hrs away, but to avoid getting up so early this year, I'm taking my motorhome to a campground on the lake near Morgan City for the weekend so I only have a half hour commute. That way my wife and dog get a beach vacation sunnin' while I'm gunnin'.

Hoping to squad with Hank Ellis so we can continue the "Battle of Mid-C Production Shooters" from where we left off last year :roflol:

Curtis

I have not been to the GA state match but I have been to the Gator - Prize table is second to none at that level and the people are fantastic. Stages were a real challenge but not frustrating and the food - well - you know - extra pounds going back home again.

• 1 month later...

Got this from LA Gator webmaster.

"I think it is entirely reasonable to expect things will be back close enough to normal to have the Gator Classic - after all it is 6 or 7 weeks away. Power is coming back on in parts of Thibodaux. For now, I'd say it's too early to tell one way or the other for sure. Depending on the refugee status of lower Lafourche and Terrebonne, motel rooms may be hard to come by like they were after Katrina. We'll know more in the coming weeks, for sure."

I hope everyone is LA came out of the storm ok. I am wondering also if the match will be held. Has anyone heard from the range?

The official word is that the Gator Classic is still on!

Power is back to most of Thibodaux, clean-up is well underway and things are nearly back to normal with most businesses, stores, and restaurants already open and schools resuming on Monday. I went to the range where the Gator Classic is held and the pistol bays are fine. There's even a steel match scheduled for tomorrow that is still on.

As for housing - yesterday the Days Inn in Thibodaux ((985) 446-1933) still had 30 rooms on hold for the Gator Classic (if you call them, mention the Gator Classic). More rooms are expected to open up at the Days Inn and throughout the area as emergency workers and insurance adjusters from Hurricane Gustav clear out - probably within the next week or two.

If anyone needs help or has questions, post 'em here and we'll try to do what can be done. Periodic information updates will alsos be posted here.

Edited by double_pedro

Just checked the match hotel and other hotels web sites, nothing available for those dates. If we call in person, can we get a room? Without guaranteed room, I can't make the match, and I REALLY WANT TO!

Bwana,

I called the match hotel about the dates and they said there were no rooms; after I told them that it was regarding the Gator Classic they said that there were rooms available for that event.

Jon

Called the Days Inn direct and they are not sure they will have a room, but they have me on the waiting list. I'm in one way or the other. Hopefully will not have to stay in a No-tell Motel :angry2::roflol:

Dennis, are you shooting a wheel or snivelling with a bottem feeder? looking forward to seeing you there along with all the others.

PAT

I can't type after two adult beverages.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Called the Days Inn direct and they are not sure they will have a room, but they have me on the waiting list. I'm in one way or the other. Hopefully will not have to stay in a No-tell Motel :angry2::roflol:

Dennis, are you shooting a wheel or snivelling with a bottem feeder? looking forward to seeing you there along with all the others.

PAT

I can't type after two adult beverages.

Pat... I must admit I have gone over to the dark side. I bought an open gun last January and have been having an absolute blast.

So yes, I'm sniveling with a bottom feeder :cheers:

dj