Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MGM-USAMU Junior Camp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
My son, Tommy (10), will be there! This is an incredible opportunity, I can't believe how lucky we are.

I put up a couple video clips of him shooting:

I am impressed! At what age did you get him started? My son is helping me at the range from time to time with practice but he is not old enough to understand all the safety rules yet, so I limited him to what he can do until he is 100% safe. Since he is only 5, I have let him shoot BB guns only.

Great video, thanks again for sharing it.

Thanks! He started last year when he was 9, I started about a year before that. I told him that everyone was going to be watching him so he had to be safer than anyone else. So far, he's done really well with that. We're lucky to shoot with several guys much better who help both of us with everything from safety to stage planning to reloading.

T minus 2 days till we leave. We're driving, so we get to bring more stuff, which is a bit of a problem. How much is too much to bring? My son's gun, my gun (for Rob Leatham's class), my ammo, the gunbelts, PPE, mags, cleats, some small tools for emergency repairs.

If they shoot 500 rounds per day, should we bring the gun cleaning gear and clean the guns at night?

What other stuff is everyone bringing?

T minus 2 days till we leave. We're driving, so we get to bring more stuff, which is a bit of a problem. How much is too much to bring? My son's gun, my gun (for Rob Leatham's class), my ammo, the gunbelts, PPE, mags, cleats, some small tools for emergency repairs.

If they shoot 500 rounds per day, should we bring the gun cleaning gear and clean the guns at night?

You left off camera. :D

Also rain gear. . . it may not rain. Consider it insurance.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Turns out, Mike is going to be delivering about 8Klbs of targetry to the Fort Benning range so he will be able to make it after all!! The good part about this is that I didn't have to fly with anything other than my carry gun!!! Here is a list of what I sent with Mike:

My gun

Wyatts gun

Wyatts .22 (in case we work on SC at all)

600 rounds of .40 and 200 rounds of 9mm (just in case)

Shooting bag with all necessary gear (PPE, timer, belt, extra mag pouches, etc.)

Tool box (this has everything - files, drivers, allen wrenches, cleaning kit, mag brush, punches, etc.) If you need anything, between Mike and I, I'm pretty sure we can get you taken care of.

Cleats

I think that is everything...I'll know more on Friday :unsure::roflol:

Adios,

TG