Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G.I. Factory

shopgun

Anybody catch that new show on the military channel. The segment on the 6 bbl 'mini gun" was hilarious. The host goes on and on about the gun, while showing footage of him shooting one out of a helo "somewhere in the southwest" He then says there is only one factory in the country making them, but he can't say where for "security reasons'. We then see an interview of the factory owner, back view only, who the host says can only be identified as "Mr. Smith". Maybe I'm a little slow but Mike Dillon sounds like Mike Dillon from the front or back. As the camera pans the factory, there's a big blue 'Dillon Precision" banner hanging on a wall. the casefeed assemblys kinda looked familier also. This guy apparently has never seen a Dillon Aero calender. But don't tell anyone. :roflol:

Oh ya, It is all of our duty in the intrest of national security to keep this great secret !! :roflol:

Yup, saw that one and there was also a Mythbusters where they needed more firepower so

they went to a "secret location" in the AZ desert where a friend of Jamie's let them use a

minigun mounted on top of a Saburban ?? :blink:

Oh well, whatever spices up the rateings !! :ph34r:

Like anybody would really try to attack a place like that anyway. Has to be one of the safest places to work in this country, along with the coolest. Anybody that owns owns enough land and planes to perform personal strifing runs is more than capable of protecting his interests.... :ph34r:

When Mythbusters used the Dillon Minigun on 2 episodes, they did the same thing (couldn't say for "security" reasons) - yet on Dillon Aero's website, they put out a press release saying that their gun was going to be used on Mythbusters.

Part of it is promotional. It is real hard for the Sales department to hit up advertisers, when those advertisers can see a slew of freebie logos, company names, etc. on screen.

Ever notice that all the hats, shirts, etc. they were on Mythbusters have gaffers tape over the logo, or the names pixelated out? No free advertising, that's why.

"secret location" in the AZ desert where a friend of Jamie's let them use a

minigun mounted on top of a Saburban ??

Can't be too secret, since they mentioned Dillon in the credits.

I remember speaking to someone who worked in a customer facing position at one of the largest gun companies in the US. He was told poession of a loaded gun on the job was grounds for immediate termination. On the other hand, the folks at Dillon explained that the only reason their counter staff carries is to give the folks in the back room time to get the machine guns deployed. Guess which one didn't make me unload and check my gun before the tour? Dillon definiely passes the attitude test :)

If you're ever in the Scottsdale area, visit Dillon - their staff is great and if they have time you might even get a tour.

I remember speaking to someone who worked in a customer facing position at one of the largest gun companies in the US. He was told poession of a loaded gun on the job was grounds for immediate termination. On the other hand, the folks at Dillon explained that the only reason their counter staff carries is to give the folks in the back room time to get the machine guns deployed. Guess which one didn't make me unload and check my gun before the tour? Dillon definiely passes the attitude test :)

If you're ever in the Scottsdale area, visit Dillon - their staff is great and if they have time you might even get a tour.

I took the kids to the store on a Saturday last month when we went to Pheonix. The kids were way excited because there is a In-N-Out burger only 3 blocks away.

Scott

I took the kids to the store on a Saturday last month when we went to Pheonix. The kids were way excited because there is a In-N-Out burger only 3 blocks away.

Scott

Scott here you go again talking about "food" :roflol: acually I go for the In&Out too !

Ex Californian"s, always looking for a piece of it, remember, we did'nt leave it, it left us !! :cheers:

Seriously guys......they give tours of their facility?

Is it the same location as where they make the reloading stuff?

JK

Yep, the give tours. The reloading stuff isn't manufactured there, but it is assembled and boxed. You also a get a tour of the super secret Mini Gun building facility, model shop where they build the models they shoot at in the videos and the aircraft hangar. It's actually a pretty cool tour.

BTW, Dillon isn't the only game in town for mini-guns anymore. Garwood Industries is also manufacturing them. Dillon never used to sell post samples to anyone. Now that Garwood is on scene they finally started selling them. Of course even with Garwood being the cheaper of the two, $57,000.00 is still a good chunk of change.