Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

range master DQ's lady revo shooter

sci

If you mean a USPSA record, then no, I don't think there is such a thing. But if there were multiple DQ's for safety infractions such as 90 degree violations or AD's then I suspect that there would be a move by USPSA to take some kind of preventative action, perhaps even a ban on that competitor or requirements to take some kind of safety course.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!!! Missing minor was quite a crushing blow and messed my confidence up for the rest of the day. But, as always, I had a blast. And what the heck, I sure needed the practice I got by continuing to shoot.

Resorting to factory ammo was entirely my fault for breaking a part on the press during the week. The new part didn't arrive in time to make up what I needed. We were sure the calculations for the ammo we bought would be fine for making minor. Amazing the difference that resulted at Chrono.

I'd like to say "any time, guys" but I really don't like seeing the letters D and Q next to my name, so I think next time I'll just attend and shoot to compete like the rest of you even if that means making my ammo up months ahead of time.

I'd like to congratulate our daughter for doing so well. She always makes us proud and is an amazing young lady. Steve also had a very good day of shooting and only lost concentration on his last stage.

A great big thanks to everyone who put together and worked the match from all 3 of us! You are very much appreciated.

Imagine being applauded for DQing...what a feeling!

Sue

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!!! Missing minor was quite a crushing blow and messed my confidence up for the rest of the day. But, as always, I had a blast. And what the heck, I sure needed the practice I got by continuing to shoot.

Resorting to factory ammo was entirely my fault for breaking a part on the press during the week. The new part didn't arrive in time to make up what I needed. We were sure the calculations for the ammo we bought would be fine for making minor. Amazing the difference that resulted at Chrono.

I'd like to say "any time, guys" but I really don't like seeing the letters D and Q next to my name, so I think next time I'll just attend and shoot to compete like the rest of you even if that means making my ammo up months ahead of time.

I'd like to congratulate our daughter for doing so well. She always makes us proud and is an amazing young lady. Steve also had a very good day of shooting and only lost concentration on his last stage.

A great big thanks to everyone who put together and worked the match from all 3 of us! You are very much appreciated.

Imagine being applauded for DQing...what a feeling!

Sue

I am humbled by your generosity toward your fellow shooters, and your self-sacrifice in the face of this disappointment.

I am puzzled by a couple of things your post brought up:

1. How did you wind up missing minor? Was it cold weather, powder drop malfunction -- ???

2. You went ahead and shot? For practice?

I am humbled by your generosity toward your fellow shooters, and your self-sacrifice in the face of this disappointment.

I am puzzled by a couple of things your post brought up:

1. How did you wind up missing minor? Was it cold weather, powder drop malfunction -- ???

2. You went ahead and shot? For practice?

Making minor PF using 38spl factory ammo is not easy. I'm not sure what Sue was shooting, but my 4" barrelled Ruger requires handloads to 100% sure of making minor. I shot with a revo shooter at the match and he was using Lawman +P to make it with a 5" S&W. S&B 158gr LRN have be know to make it also but just barely.

If you go sub-minor you can shoot the match, your scores just aren't recorded. As Linda explained above, once you are DQ'd nothing counts.

Bruce

Making minor PF using 38spl factory ammo is not easy. I'm not sure what Sue was shooting, but my 4" barrelled Ruger requires handloads to 100% sure of making minor. I shot with a revo shooter at the match and he was using Lawman +P to make it with a 5" S&W. S&B 158gr LRN have be know to make it also but just barely.

If you go sub-minor you can shoot the match, your scores just aren't recorded. As Linda explained above, once you are DQ'd nothing counts.

Bruce

I understand about problems making minor with 38 spl -- I wind up having to use 158 gr, or just upgunning to .357.

As far as shooting goes, what had me puzzled was that in most places, DQ means put away your toys.

It would be great to know they let her go ahead and at least get some range time in return for her taking the fall for the team. :cheers:

Bruce

I understand about problems making minor with 38 spl -- I wind up having to use 158 gr, or just upgunning to .357.

As far as shooting goes, what had me puzzled was that in most places, DQ means put away your toys.

It would be great to know they let her go ahead and at least get some range time in return for her taking the fall for the team. :cheers:

Sue DQ'd in the Safe Area after she finished shooting her 10th stage. Summer Blast is a half day format where you shoot all the stages in 4 to 4.5 hours. Since the "sub minor" at Chrono did not prevent her from shooting, it just would have prevented stats from recording any of her scores, and she continued to shoot with her squad. After her trip to the safe area with ammo, she would have been required to stop, but she was done by then.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

Edited by LChico

This was a blatantly unethical passive aggressive conspiracy to defraud the rules. Had someone accidentally shot the chronograph everyone would have made the match.... :devil:

:D I'll go along with all of that except the "unethical" & "defraud" parts. I don't think "gamers" are unethical. It is solving a shooting problem in a creative way while staying within the rules. It is a bit unique to "game" chrono, especially by DQ'ing. I quess the biggest difference is that shooters who game stages are looking for individual gain, while Sue was helping a group of her fellow shooters.

As for your "Plan B," at a match the size of Summer Blast, we always have back up for chrono.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This was a blatantly unethical passive aggressive conspiracy to defraud the rules. Had someone accidentally shot the chronograph everyone would have made the match.... :devil:

:D I'll go along with all of that except the "unethical" & "defraud" parts. I don't think "gamers" are unethical. It is solving a shooting problem in a creative way while staying within the rules. It is a bit unique to "game" chrono, especially by DQ'ing. I quess the biggest difference is that shooters who game stages are looking for individual gain, while Sue was helping a group of her fellow shooters.

As for your "Plan B," at a match the size of Summer Blast, we always have back up for chrono.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Curses. Foiled again. :bow:

I went from shooting Open (major) to Revo (minor) this year mainly due to squadding with a group of fun and supportive revo characters at the Ohio Sec match last year (switching from open to revo just days before that match).

Even though I'm still learning and practicing the new skills required to be competitive in revo, there is one big thing I learned from my Summer Blast match. That is: Ladies, don't disable your ol' man's reloading equipment days before a big match and depend on factory loads in a quick pinch.

The Revolver Division is full of great folks. Glad I was able to help them out in the end. :D

Sue

• 2 months later...