Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY NEW RANGE CART

CSEMARTIN

I used the stroller bone stock at the MO State match. It worked great!! Folds up quick, and you can tuck it the trunk or back of your truck. And you can pick one up cheap at a garage sale.

I took the seats out last night leaving the skeleton. I'm planning to put some velcro straps perpindicular to the frame so I can set my range bag on it. It has a large 'basket' underneath for a cooler or whatever. I also figured I could put a cup holder by the handle for water, etc. I was also thinking about putting a little bike horn or a bell on it so people will know to get out of my way. :roflol: Maybe I'll put a flag on it..... I wonder if anyone sells chrone wheels for strollers. I want to pimp this baby out!!

I also thought it would be really cool to get it motorized with a remote control. I know that is the height of laziness. Not only would I not have to carry all my gear, but I could just walk behind it and steer it from stage to stage.

Any ideas to pimp this out would be greatly appreciated?

Also, since it's a stroller, when I fly to a match, I can just tag it before boarding the plane.

Edited by CSEMARTIN

If you were serious about motorizing it with a control, you could probably start with one of those motorized golf cart caddies. It has a little remote control and is motorized.

I have a Sun Mountain Golf speed cart I "semi" pimped adding a few things for golf, particurlly additonal storage, and weight so my cart stayed "uprite" because it got too top heavy with my golf gear and stuff in the addtional compartments.

Little mods I did to my speed cart...

cart08.jpg

cart04.jpg

cart03.jpg

little weight to keep from the cart falling back from all the weight, this will be a factor to consider. Especially when I put the umbrella up on my cart.

cart02.jpg

cart01.jpg

I see the holder for the water bottle, but where did you put the holder for the 6 pack?" After all, it's a golf cart, but I don't recommend that for the shooting cart.

CSEMARTIN:

Don't forget to post pictures of your cart - when your eye is up to it.

Hello: I have my own little cart that I use. The parts are a folding cart(Lowes), Igloo marine cooler(Academy), folding chair(Bass Pro Shop) and range bag(Dillon). I like this setup since it does not take up much space in my small cars(MiniCooper S, Toyota Rav4, Porsche 911). I don't drive my diesel Ford F250 crew cab much now :D Thanks, Eric

post-9254-1215698832.jpg

post-9254-1215698841.jpg

post-9254-1215698851.jpg

I know you guys have been anxiously awaiting these photos!!!

All I've done so far is remove the front and rear seats. The rear seat was not a problem. It was just screwed to the frame. Getting the front seat off took some engineering because there was a bracket that rotated and was connected to the seat and frame--and there was a spring loaded lever that allowed the front seat to recline. I stopped working on it after a cutting wheel broke off and landed in my left eye.

It really was a nice stroller, but it has a better purpose now.

Edited by CSEMARTIN

I'm wondering if you have tested it at the range. Our range is gravel and dirt, and those wheels might have trouble with uneven terrain. Maybe you plan to replace them.

It does well in medium-sized gravel and grass. I'm sure pea gravel and sand won't be much fun, but it will still beat carrying everything.

Any ideas on how to put bigger/better/more rugid wheels on this?

I'm wondering if you have tested it at the range. Our range is gravel and dirt, and those wheels might have trouble with uneven terrain. Maybe you plan to replace them.

It does well in medium-sized gravel and grass. I'm sure pea gravel and sand won't be much fun, but it will still beat carrying everything.

Any ideas on how to put bigger/better/more rugid wheels on this?

Thanks for the pictures.

Check out those 8 - 10" wheels that's on lawn mowers and other strollers. Kids toys too.

Edited by RePete

Hello: I have my own little cart that I use. The parts are a folding cart(Lowes), Igloo marine cooler(Academy), folding chair(Bass Pro Shop) and range bag(Dillon). I like this setup since it does not take up much space in my small cars(MiniCooper S, Toyota Rav4, Porsche 911). I don't drive my diesel Ford F250 crew cab much now :D Thanks, Eric

I bought that same cart from Lowes and returned it a few days later. Whenever I tried to make a turn, the wheels would fold in. It was a huge PITA.

Hello:The Cart #171232 and is near the packing supplies and Acro bins. I have not had any problems with the wheels at all. That maybe due to the cooler being on the bottom. You do have to make sure the cart is locked with the clasp. The Lowes cart costs $39.36 but you can also look at the CED cart which is the same . Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello:The Cart #171232 and is near the packing supplies and Acro bins. I have not had any problems with the wheels at all. That maybe due to the cooler being on the bottom. You do have to make sure the cart is locked with the clasp. The Lowes cart costs $39.36 but you can also look at the CED cart which is the same . Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

That's the same one I have and it's a piece of CRAP!

It won't stand when a bag is on it, keeps falling forward.

That's the same one I have and it's a piece of CRAP!

It won't stand when a bag is on it, keeps falling forward.

Kickstand? :D