Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 Race Gun Nationals--who's going?

Ok, I'm tired of seeing the 'Factory Nationals' thread pop in the check-new-posts and remind me I'm not going. So, who is going to the Race Gun nationals? I've got a slot and can make it..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David and I will be there - got the call for our slots last night!  We're at the Best Western and we're driving.  Anybody wants to tag along to the range and save a rental car rate, lemme know.

Pat - I'll request us to be squadded with you :-)

I'm on the waiting list.....

Talking to headquarters yesterday, they say the deadline for slot returns is late April.  Waiting list persons will then start to be notified, sooner if earned slots are turned down and the party notifies USPSA quickly.

ShooterGirl, were you called in reference to the waiting list? Weeks ago when you posted about the waiting list (  http://www.brianenos.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//topic.cgi?forum=6&topic=50 ),  I got on it the same day (first week of January), thanks.  Got my fingers crossed.....

(Edited by TDean at 1:44 pm on Mar. 29, 2002)

Portland is cheapest, but a pain in the ass; Portland and SF will connect into the Redmond airport.....I don't know what fares are like or anything.

(Edited by BrianH at 9:27 pm on Mar. 29, 2002)

Get on the waiting list soon.  Michael Voigt was out at our West End Gun Club match last weekend and said there were over 400 people in the waiting list, and to book a hotel room ASAP.  If they ever get down to my name I'll be camping.

I live near Portland, so I'm going, slot or no slot.  I'm not going to pass up the chance to see the big dogs run and gun for anything.  

Thanks for the help guys!

E

P.S.  Just a thought, with the huge backlog for slots for both Factory and Racegun Nationals, I have to be hopeful about the future of USPSA.  It really seems that people like Mike Voigt's vision for USPSA.  I sure do.  Let's hope it's a trend.

I just can't wait....    :)