Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate iTunes - is there a good alternative?

Title says it all - I hate iTunes - is there a good alternative?

I don't want to steal music or do anything like that - but I hate screwing with iTunes.

If you are talking about, to use to put music you already have on your IPod, I use Anapod. It's a piggy back software that works on Windows explorer. That way you just attach your ipod, open up IE, and just do "drag and drop" into your ipod folder and arrange them in albums. It's all I've ever used.

Edited by Aristotle

I don't want to steal music or do anything like that - but I hate screwing with iTunes.

If you are talking about, to use to put music you already have on your IPod, I use Anapod. It's a piggy back software that works on Windows explorer. That way you just attach your ipod, open up IE, and just do "drag and drop" into your ipod folder and arrange them in albums. It's all I've ever used.

Do you happen to know if Anapod will work with the latest version of the classic ipod, v6 I believe? I checked their site, but it didn't say yes and there doesn't seem to be an email to write them.

Adam

If you're looking for a source to BUY music, try Amazon.com. Their stuff is MP3 with NO DRM!

Ed

Thx Ed. So dumb question - how do I get the song onto my iPod? Does it go into iTunes?

Do you happen to know if Anapod will work with the latest version of the classic ipod, v6 I believe? I checked their site, but it didn't say yes and there doesn't seem to be an email to write them.

Adam

I'm sorry, I don't know for sure. I've been using it with my first generation Ipod mini for the past 3 years. I do have an email you can try I got with my confirmation email. Give this a ping and see if osmeone picks up.

orders@redchairsoftware.com

maybe try support@redchairsoftware.com

Future son in law downloads music using a website called Limewire(?).

I being technologically challenged know nothing of this at all.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

JK

Limewire is mostly pirated music. They actually do sell some stuff legitimately, but most of the content is peer provided, and pirated.

Adam

I'm sorry, I don't know for sure. I've been using it with my first generation Ipod mini for the past 3 years. I do have an email you can try I got with my confirmation email. Give this a ping and see if osmeone picks up.

orders@redchairsoftware.com

maybe try support@redchairsoftware.com

Thanks for the emails. I will give them a try.

Adam

Future son in law downloads music using a website called Limewire(?).

I being technologically challenged know nothing of this at all.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

JK

Limewire is mostly pirated music. They actually do sell some stuff legitimately, but most of the content is peer provided, and pirated.

Also be aware that the default setting for LimeWire is to share the contents of the folder where the music is stored on your computer with the rest of the world. Make sure the sharing is turned off.

Raz-O and everyone,

I use ITunes.

My future son in law is a techie kind of guy.

My daughter is the one that told me "Mike uses Limewire to download music."

I have never been to their site and I kind of like the ease and convenience (read I'm lazy) of ITunes so I never looked further into it.

We were discussing the way it won't let you drag and drop music you've downloaded into your device rather than having to make a playlist and then sync the Ipod with that playlist.

Thats when she piped up with the Limewire suggestion.

I am sorry if my post seemed to direct someone toward illegal pirating of music files it was not intended to do so.

JK

I am sorry if my post seemed to direct someone toward illegal pirating of music files it was not intended to do so.

I didn't take it like that at all. No worries . . .