Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My club needs a logo

but, none of are what you would call artistic, creative, or even have a clue where to start. Where can a club short on funds go to have a logo made? We tried to steal use the old logo from another club, but they don't want to give it up. We want something with a coastal theme(maybe).

Thanks.

One way would be to solicit design ideas from your entire membership or greater shooting community. You'd be surprised how creative people can get when there's a contest and bragging rights at stake.

Another would be make a club t-shirt purchase and see what the graphic artist at the t-shirt shop comes up with. Take him some of the examples you would consider stealing and see what he comes up with for you. Be sure to take him good digital imagines of anything you might want included like specific guns and targets. Be sure to discuss local landmarks you might want in the background like lighthouse, mountains, city skyline, etc.

Good luck.

Try posting an add at the local community college. Make it a contest for the best logo and offer to pay a nominal sum for the winning entry. College students can always use a few bucks, the experience will do them a lot of good and the winner will have something to add to his or hers resume.

but, none of are what you would call artistic, creative, or even have a clue where to start. Where can a club short on funds go to have a logo made? We tried to steal use the old logo from another club, but they don't want to give it up. We want something with a coastal theme(maybe).

Thanks.

If you have a local Voc school with a Graphics department, do it as a contest for the students. Get the club to offer a 1st, 2nd, and third prize.

My son's class did one a few years back when he was still in school and first prize was $150 2nd $75 third $25 Most of the class participated and there were some great designs.

Looks like PJ & I had were posting at the same time.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

I don't try to claim any ability in graphic arts but here's a possible idea maybe.

I'm not sure if you'd really consider it a 'logo' though....

post-15071-1214227251.jpg

Hmm, the edges seem a little too sharp...

Edited by Anubis

Can you put up some more details? What type of club? How it will be used? Name of club? Local flavor? Maybe examples of things/logos you like or want to "emulate"? Why you want it?

I'd be willing to provide a couple of comps...maybe for some swag, t-shirt, etc...only if you used my ideas of course.

Logos can be tough as they really have to walk a thin line of usability vs. pleasing visually vs. informative...or not...some are just "icons"

You can PM me or just post here for other to try...you never know the width and breadth of the shooting community. I found out yesterday a shooter/gun shop buddy is also a sculptor...who'd thunk it?

My $0.02

Can you put up some more details? What type of club? How it will be used? Name of club? Local flavor? Maybe examples of things/logos you like or want to "emulate"? Why you want it?

I'd be willing to provide a couple of comps...maybe for some swag, t-shirt, etc...only if you used my ideas of course.

Logos can be tough as they really have to walk a thin line of usability vs. pleasing visually vs. informative...or not...some are just "icons"

You can PM me or just post here for other to try...you never know the width and breadth of the shooting community. I found out yesterday a shooter/gun shop buddy is also a sculptor...who'd thunk it?

My $0.02

Sure, it will be for the USPSA group of our main gun club. We are Coastal Area Practical Shooters(CAPS) we are located in the St. Simons/Sea Island/Jekyl Island area on one side and the boonies on the other. We are quite a mix of backgrounds, like most clubs. Some clubs that I shoot at do yearly aggregate awards and award a top gun per division. The top gun gets a nice jacket with their name, club logo and top gun with division stitched on the jacket. We want to do the same and do some t-shirts as well. Flavor of the area? Well, that's hard to pin point: we have had ideas of using a wild boar(hog) since they are plentiful or something with shrimp boats since they are plentiful here as well( I guess a gun toting shrimp is possible, but the short guys might not like it :roflol: ). We are open to ideas though.

A shrimp boat, with the shrimp pulling in a gun totin' Wild Boar?

Either a Shrimp or a Wild Boar, in USPSA Shooting gear with gun in hand and a target or two in the picture?

In either case, your club name included; Large Capitals for all first letters, then lower case for the rest to spell it out, OR, if you are well known as just CAPS, that is all you need.

Jim

The best logos are simple and identifiable from a distance, nike, Benz, chevy, shell, chevron, etc. although not neccesarily the best looking. logos with a lot of detail and color are cool to see but translate poorly when they need to be tranferred to another media besides a plain white screen or paper.

plus large detailed logos that would be used on a shirt back, lose thier identity when they are made smaller for hats or breast/lapel logos.

just my 2cents.

Trapr

Coastal shooters,, I say a "C" shaped wave veiwed from the sides with a magwelled STI shaped gun riding a surfboard.

post-6917-1214351523.png

Something like that but get rid of the surfer and replace it with a tricked out 1911 shape riding the wave.