Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictures of a frame mounted JPoint sight?

Aristotle

Would like to see ideas of how a frame mounted Jpoint sight has been applied. Of course, specs on how it was acomplished is welcomed. I'm thinking about bastardizing a AE frame mount for a Cmore.

Does ANYONE sell a frame mount for a jpoint?

The G22 slide cracked and is now retired, but I am just finishing up a G24 in 9mm using the CCF frame with the same sight setup. I am using a JPoint right now, but have a Burris Fast-fire (DrDot clone) I am testing out now.

post-12164-1214004638.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

I've thought about a frame mounted JPoint more than once. Honestly, the profile is way lower than a C_More or Aimpoint and if you have a flat topped slide it would be even lower. Too...you have more mounting options too. Forward of the ejection port would be pretty sweet. Which gives me an idea now....

Rich

Here you go. This mount was made by Ralph Arredondo for my new open gun. He has a similar one on his gun. I told him I was going to post this so contact him if you want one and he may persuaded to make one.

post-5414-1214434295.jpg

I just put that type of mount and Optima on my new 9 open gun. I'm not sure what the brand is but it probably came out of brownells back in the early 2000's.

Anybody having trouble tracking the dot with the smaller window?

I haven't shot mine yet as my Dad came and swooped it up so he could shoot it for awhile.

Nick

I love the optima on the slide mounted set up. It is a smaller window, but since it is mounted so low it is almost like shooting irons. For that matter you really don't notice there is a window at all.

the big thing is make sure you have both eyes open or you can tunnel vision it badly.

• 1 month later...

Ralph Arredondo has the mount I have pictured above in production now. He had a bunch of them at the range today. Works for Doctor or J point drilled for CMore hole pattern and drilled and tapped for his thumb rest.

Ralph Arredondo has the mount I have pictured above in production now. He had a bunch of them at the range today. Works for Doctor or J point drilled for CMore hole pattern and drilled and tapped for his thumb rest.

Chris,

Do you need to re-zero after changing batteries?

Later,

Chuck

PS: That S/N is totally Norco!