Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knife Snobs

CSEMARTIN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me either. I was just inquiring about Microtechs today. I had to order the Kershaw Shallot I just got online, because I couldnt find anyone local who carried it. LOTS of stores have Kershaw, but only the standard hum-drum knives like the Leek, Scallion, and so on. I like to see and feel knives and / or guns before I buy them.

My Shallot is nice but a friend of mine has a Microtech that just blows me away how light it is.

no kidding. lynn do you have a knife shop near by or do you get your knives online? i don't have anything around these parts where i could pick up nice blades like you have there.

a few years agp there was a website called knife auction which has gone under, and way back when, ebay was a good source. then that 'buy now' crap came out. remember, most of these knives are years old.. the good old days of buying knives.

i hate to say it is that i use ebay mostly. i just don't get in a hurry to buy some thing now. the last knife i bought was a spyderco phoenix. i was outbid many times. never buy retail.

lynn

Hey Sniper, is that an EDC? LOL

Nope.

In cop terms its a B.F.K.

As in : "Holp crap thats a big ------ knife!" :roflol:

We had one guy who thought it would be a good idea to draw one of these when we hit his house.

The Sgt said "Just like an a----- brings a knife to a gunfight!"

He put it down quickly.

I got to say though ...they never "jam" or otherwise malfunction, they work each and every time, and they can intimidate the heck out of someone.

Most people have a basic fear of being cut that causes damm near a panic in the when they see a knife as opposed to a gun.

Funny stuff.

JK

Edited by JKSNIPER

Hey Sniper, is that an EDC? LOL

Nope.

In cop terms its a B.F.K.

As in : "Holp crap thats a big ------ knife!" :roflol:

We had one guy who thought it would be a good idea to draw one of these when we hit his house.

The Sgt said "Just like an a----- brings a knife to a gunfight!"

He put it down quickly.

I got to say though ...they never "jam" or otherwise malfunction, they work each and every time, and they can intimidate the heck out of someone.

Most people have a basic fear of being cut that causes damm near a panic in the when they see a knife as opposed to a gun.

Funny stuff.

JK

Funny... I have a basic fear of being SHOT that pretty much over-rules my fear of being cut... LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The item MOST likely to be in my pocket at any given time - for the past 25 years or so:

DSCF1600a.jpg

Be Prepared.

Pretty tacticool, huh?

Other bladed doo-dads that normally reside in my backpack/junk bag/(man purse) from which I'm never far away (or sometimes on my belt, depending on situation):

DSCF1601a.jpg

Knife snob? Uh, no. :mellow:

Edited by mgood