• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Travis you just copied us.

And a damn fine idea too!

p432184786-4.jpg

This is one of the pile we awarded.

Patrick

Hey!! I'm jelous!! What can I say!?!? If I can't win a trophy, I'll just go buy my own!!! :devil::P

Adios,

TG

• 2 weeks later...

Lynn, I've heard, one knife is no knife, but you took it yo a "whoe nubba lebbel"! (sorry, but that's one of my favorite reoccurring Mad TV skits)

Here's a pic of my used, not abused Emerson Commander. It's usually seen in the company of a Spyderco Endura that I bought in '96 and a S&W auto that's my 3rd back-up/do anything to it/loan it out knife.

post-2541-1215271927.jpg

• 6 months later...
That's not a knife ... THAT'S A KNIFE! :lol:

crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife11.jpg

I just came back from Shot Show a few weeks ago. While there, I spotted Tops Knives. I was so impressed, I became a dealer. I just got a bunch of folders that I ordered from Tops.

When I spotted the CQT Magnum 711 and CQT Magnum 747 folders, I had that exact same thought... "NOW THAT'S A KNIFE!" My problem, is that I'lll want to keep one of each, which tends to cut down on my profit a bit. :unsure:

299d7823.jpgc307c9d7.jpg

Is that the full size version or the mini? I just ordered the mini online. I've got one of their knives, but I don't remember the model. It's more tanto shaped and has serations. I'm replacing it because it was too difficult to sharpen. The Dejavoo (pictured above) felt awesome in my hand, too. I've been shopping for a replacement for years and found this model only recently. I can't wait to get it.

-Chris

In RI, the genius politicians came up with the law that you can't carry a knife with a blade longer than 3". No provisions for someone with a LTC either. So, it's okay if one carries a loaded gun, but you can't carry a 4" knife. After all, you might hurt somebody.

But, as we know.... It's not the size of your blade that counts, but....

Mr. Jones your knife collection is incredible at first I thought you must have gone into a well stocked knife store and taken a couple of pic's, until I read on. I just carry a Benchmade Griptilian, but I have been looking at a S&W Special Opps Auto. It's inexpensive at Sportsman's but seems well made anybody have any experience?

Edited by Glockcomma

Mr. Jones your knife collection is incredible at first I thought you must have gone into a well stocked knife store and taken a couple of pic's, until I read on. I just carry a Benchmade Griptilian, but I have been looking at a S&W Special Opps Auto. It's inexpensive at Sportsman's but seems well made anybody have any experience?

thanks for the complements. no, i haven't had any experience with the Griptilian, but benchmade knives are great. i've kinda gone to the semi-custom knives of the major knife makers. my most recent buy was a spyderco phoenix, by howard viele. nice knife, but a little chunky.

lynn

I already own the Griptilian, a girl friend got it for me after I lost my Benchmade Mini AFEK. What I was curious about was the S&W auto, here in liberal Oregon somehow they forgot to outlaw, tax or over regulate auto knives. So we the non felonious public are allowed to carry them. The Benchmade Axis Lock is almost as fast. I just always wanted an auto but it would be a work knife so I didn't want to spend a lot.