Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knife Snobs

CSEMARTIN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only carried one knife since 1991. A spiderco endura w/ plain edge.

+1, except I go for the half-serrated blade (goes thru kevlar line like nobody's business)

It's a "decent" knife, that doesn't make me cry when I lose it (I go through about two a year...)

B

Usually a Kershaw Onion or an Onion Forum Knife (semi-custom version of the Kershaw Bump). Or a Kershaw Junkyard Dawg, or a Tim Galyean custom JYD or a nice Wharncliffe from Tom Ferry, which technically speaking is a little long for campus. On rare occasion I've carried this pimpalicous Timascus piece from Onion. As shown in the last picture (that was back in 2005 for the masters).

~Mitch (knife snob)

post-12026-1213857755.jpg

post-12026-1213857854.jpg

post-12026-1213857968.jpg

post-12026-1213858039.jpg

post-12026-1213858067.jpg

Edited by UW Mitch

I carried this spyderco for years. I bought it around 95. It has since been discontinued. Spyderco reintroduced this model a few years ago, made a few, and then discontinued it again. If you like it, send me a PM. I'd sell it.

The second knife is a cheap S&W Swat knife I got back in my winter camping days. It's the ugliest knife I own, but it is durable!

The third is a buck from the 80's (I believe) and came with a bone handle. It's as sharp as a scalpel and has sentimental value.

oh no! now it begins...........................

ok Lynn.... Make Ready-Are You Ready-Stand By....BEEP

let'er rip

You should be good for at least 30 pages

Has anyone used the HAK - Hide Away Knife? ( http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php ) I have a basic one on order.

I like the idea of having it custom fit to my hand and for ~70 it seems like a decent deal. I'm not sure about the neck knife option but you can "hide" it in unique places...like on a security (ID-style) badge.

Haven't tried one, but have thought about ordering one....looks like a neat idea that might be pretty handy.

this is one of my daily carry knives: emerson commander post-1268-1213890386.jpg

i can't find a pic of my other daily carry knife, klotzli christian wimpff chartrusse carbon fiber knife.

but here are the rest of the knives:

post-1268-1213890618.jpg post-1268-1213891103.jpg

matt beck may have more knives than me right now.

:)

lynn

this is one of my daily carry knives: emerson commander post-1268-1213890386.jpg

i can't find a pic of my other daily carry knife, klotzli christian wimpff chartrusse carbon fiber knife.

lynn

:o

I count 115. Are you sure you're not hiding any from us, Lynn?

:bow:

I have 8 Benchmade's that have been carried over the years, a couple of Bowen's, a C.K.R.T., and two dozen fixed blades - including a Vietnam era Randall and a Gerber that pretty much stay in the safe, and a small Chris reeve pilots knife. For daily carry, the little Kershaw that was given to us at the Ft. Benning 3 Gun match last year goes in my pocket every day - and the Benchmade's stay in the safe.

my daily knife is an osbourne axis lock just like on the front page, green handles, black straight edge blade.

Backups include

Benchmade Emerson Knife

Benchmade Striker Full Auto

Benchmade mini striker

spyderco rescue

spyderco terzuola #002 - never carried sorry all

Have a couple others as well. I will put up pics later of some of them.

Also have Kevin "Mad Dog" McClung custom knife that I had made years ago.

lynn

:o

I count 115. Are you sure you're not hiding any from us, Lynn?

:bow:

those pictures are a few years old. i also have a wood tool chest with a few in it as well. i have around 150-160.

lynn

If you feel like drooling on your keyboard:

www.knifeart.com

Wow!! I didn't know it was possible for a knife to cost that much. Beautiful!

I have a knife from Knifeart. its a fighter, not sure if I should hang it on the wall or try to stick it through a car door. Had the maker make a kitchen knife out of the same steel. it will cut through a turkey and the cutting board

If you feel like drooling on your keyboard:

www.knifeart.com

Wow!! I didn't know it was possible for a knife to cost that much. Beautiful!

www.bladegallery.com

Really great guys that carry some very nice knives!