Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knife Snobs

CSEMARTIN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my custom Mayo TNT folder. These were custom made for me, TMC and about 10 or so other people who were all at the last SOF match.

All the bullet hole patterns are different and all have our team logo on the back.

post-381-1239338954_thumb.jpg

post-381-1239338947_thumb.jpg

• 10 years later...
1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Just a serious question - I have no experience with hand made knives - 

is there a functional value to a knife that's 10x more $$$, or is it all

aesthetics ?

Pick up a Medford once and you will know.  

We are dealers for many many higher end pocket knives. I will Only sell what i truly Believe in. 

Just a serious question - I have no experience with hand made knives - 

is there a functional value to a knife that's 10x more $$$, or is it all

aesthetics ?

Yes, I sincerely believe there is a functional difference.   

It's like a custom gun. There is a little more attention to detail. The action is a little tighter. The finish is a little better. 

This is comparing something like a $30 Kershaw to a $200 Benchmade. That's as high as I go. The people spending $1000+ for a knife I think are paying mostly for the name. 

On 6/18/2008 at 10:55 PM, DonT said:

:cheers: Cheap, cheaper, cheapest.

...man I gotta go load ammo or something :rolleyes:

post-12069-1213844122.jpg

wow - haven't seen a nail clipper knife in forever...

Are they sharper ?  Stronger ?   Lighter ?

What's the advantage ?

They are not necessarily sharper, but depending on the steel being used, they will hold the edge longer.  Some are stronger and beefier and some are lighter, yet strong...  but they are all better assembled and will not fall apart in your hand while using it.  The action is much smoother and easier to open and close.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, waktasz said:

It's like a custom gun. There is a little more attention to detail. The action is a little tighter. The finish is a little better. 

This is comparing something like a $30 Kershaw to a $200 Benchmade. That's as high as I go. The people spending $1000+ for a knife I think are paying mostly for the name. 

agreed, I like good knives and have no tolerance for junk. I have a D2 tool steel bench made,,, maybe 150 ish,, great knife,  My EDC is a $30 swiss army, pretty decent steel actually. I use hoof knives ( horse) and have been through $20 ones and $200 ones...  brand I use now are about $80 for the right handed one, my left handed one is cheaper as I rarely use it. , and are as good as the much more expensive ones. 
One of the best bang for buck fixed blade knives on market are the Morakniv,   DONOT let the price fool you,, these are really good steel, take and hold a razor edge... I have several, and am VERY happy with them. 
If you are looking for artwork ? beuty in eye of beholder. If you are looking for a tool,,, some pretty good ones out there at reasonable prices... like south of $200

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of my Tom Mayo knives. These are a couple of skinners that he did for my wife and I. 

DSC_0682.jpg

Edited by Chucky
Addint the link to the pictures.