Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$900 open gun

carharttfarmer

Im running Open Glock 22 in 357SIG aswell and i find 12lb wolff spring to be the best choice for me. I have also tried 15lb ISMI but it makes the gun dip when the slide returns to battery.

Anything above 9mm/357/38 is banned for IPSC in Australia. Any mag with a capacity of more than 10 rounds is illegal.

357 Sig has been approved as making major in standard for IPSC to take account of the situation in Australia and in other countries where the lawmakers have strange ideas about pistol calibres. A few sports in Australia have approval to use 45ACP for metallic silhouette, etc but most of those guns were handed in before these exceptions were approved. There are a lot of unhappy shooters who would prefer to be shooting 40 instead of 357 Sig. The only plus side is that we are all pretty good at doing reloads every 10 shots. I miss my 28 round 38 Super mags, I miss my 40 SVI and I especially miss my 45ACP moon clip revolver. Australia is now much safer because I only have my 38 Super. :angry2:

why are yall running 357 sig??? isnt that one of the most expensive rounds out there??

Works the comp really nicely and i reload my rounds so the cost is about the same as .40

How do you guys compete with the mag capacity of 9 or 38 s_i platforms ?

Im getting 26 in my IPSC legal bigstick which is more than enough, if stage requires more there will be places to reload on the move.

Im running Open Glock 22 in 357SIG aswell and i find 12lb wolff spring to be the best choice for me. I have also tried 15lb ISMI but it makes the gun dip when the slide returns to battery.

what the load you are using in yours?

9.8grains of Vihtavuori N105, 124grain RNFMJ bullet, COL 29.00mm

PF 168- 170

• 6 months later...
why are yall running 357 sig??? isnt that one of the most expensive rounds out there??

Works the comp really nicely and i reload my rounds so the cost is about the same as .40

Im getting 26 in my IPSC legal bigstick which is more than enough, if stage requires more there will be places to reload on the move.

Where can you get 40 cal open mag extensions for a G22?

Where can you get 40 cal open mag extensions for a G22?

Taylor Freelance makes a 9/40 170 mm extension.....

Having fine results with the Taylor Freelance 170mm extensions. Using them in my G35 SJC conversion. They're a 100% reliable with a lighter bullet. The 155's and 165's work very well.

Jim