Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Pro-Am Stages and Par Times released!

Greetings fellow shooters,

This is just a friendly message to let everyone know that the 2008 Pro-Am Stages have been slightly redesigned, redrawn, and assigned par times. Keep in mind that the par times could be subject to change, but it's pretty unlikely. I've had to remove the "surprise stage" since the reactive steel range won't be ready in time. It's replacement should be pretty fun, though.

This is the last week to get everything filled out and sent in before the late fee. There are still plenty of slots left for Saturday and Sunday. Remember, it's a one day match and it runs very quickly! Just pick which day you want to shoot. You can also shoot Friday if you like. Download your match registration HERE.

I'll be checking in more frequently with match updates, hotel info, schedules, etc.

Enjoy,

Phil

post-786-1213217345.jpg

post-786-1213217349.jpg

post-786-1213217355.jpg

post-786-1213217360.jpg

post-786-1213217367.jpg

post-786-1213217372.jpg

post-786-1213217378.jpg

post-786-1213217384.jpg

post-786-1213217389.jpg

Edited by gmshtr

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To help out the "Johnny come lately's" I've extended the Entry deadline to JUNE 30th. Please have your applications postmarked by this date to avoid any late charges.

Thanks,

Phil

Hello everyone,

I've attached the squad schedule and squad assignments for the 2008 Pro-Am. As you all can see, we've got PLENTY of slots available. Please get your applications in as soon as you can. We want to have lots of competitors for Shooting USA to film!

Just because I know someone will ask me, the Pro shooters in RED are registrations that I haven't received yet. Mike Seeklander and I are not listed on the squad, since we're not shooting for score.

If you don't see your name on one of the squads, please let me know. I've honored all of the squadding requests to date.

I hope to start getting match entries soon. Remember, any entries post marked after June 30th will be subject to a $25 late fee.

Thanks,

Phil

Squads_and_squad_matrix.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

Actually Shooting USA will be covering it this year. I suspect they've got some exciting ideas for this year....hopefully it will help with turnout for the next match.

Man it would be cool if us one eyed open shooters could sign up for this match :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

I don't see what's keeping you from shooting it - just pick up a gun with iron sights and you're good to go! :ph34r:

Phil, thanks for keeping this match Iron sight only. I can only imagine that starting a new match format is a daunting enough task. I would also imagine that until the numbers of entries get high enough it wouldn't make any sense to split up into Divisions. I'm glad you're doing it the way you are. If there are any open shooters that want to borrow a gun, let me know. I can bring some extra production guns or my 9mm limited gun if somebody needs to borrow it.

Here's my idea for NEXT YEAR:

An Open Pro-Am match on Saturday limited to the 1st 108 shooters. Then a separate Standard Pro-Am match on Sunday limited to 108 with slightly higher par times.

Friday would be an overflow day where either could register, and Open and Standard shooters would be squadded separately (this would make it a bit easier on the RO's who would be forced to change the par times for each division). The Friday scores could be thrown into the rest of the match that weekend.

Each match would be completely separate with its own prize table and awards, plus we could combine the two for an aggregate Champion to be awarded on Sunday.

There are a lot of different factors to consider, but we'll see.

Edited by gmshtr

Here's my idea for NEXT YEAR:

An Open Pro-Am match on Saturday limited to the 1st 108 shooters. Then a separate Standard Pro-Am match on Sunday limited to 108 with slightly higher par times.

Friday would be an overflow day where either could register, and Open and Standard shooters would be squadded separately (this would make it a bit easier on the RO's who would be forced to change the par times for each division). The Friday scores could be thrown into the rest of the match that weekend.

Each match would be completely separate with its own prize table and awards, plus we could combine the two for an aggregate Champion to be awarded on Sunday.

There are a lot of different factors to consider, but we'll see.

Isn't the point of the par times to be such that nobody can hit all the plates? In that case couldn't they be left alone? I guess then you couldn't do an aggregate-champ thing (since the odds are an Open gun would win it), but I'll be real fun trying to balance the times otherwise.. glad I'm not doing it ;)

Unfortunately I just didn't have enough practice time to switch Open to Limited for this one match this year.