Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ejection problem

Good Time Gang

i recently changed some things around and now my 9mm brass out of my G34 is hitting my hat, and has even hit my left shoulder. (right handed even) i assume that it has to do with the 13lb spring and the new 131 pf. any clue on what size spring would stop this or any other ideas would be great. thanks, GTG

Wear a wide brimmed hat, and button up your Polo...

Seriously, provided the hot brass doesn't land some place sensitive, and so long as the gun cycles reliably, I think you're OK (and my minor PF glock loads do much the same thing with the same weight springs).

KC

Edited by kevin c

Shoot faster ...... or DUCK! B)

yeah what Kevin said, I think if it runs you are ok. You can try and look for an extended ejector (I think Charlie Vanek makes 'em) but it is not necessary.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I have the same problem with my glock. On two occasions I have had the brass get stuck in my shooting glasses, and it burned my eyelid.

This happened to me ONCE, now I always wear a cap when shooting pistol. Even with an 11# spring I get brass landing on my head and arms (and sometimes right on the slide!).

If your only doing 131 PF you could try a 11 lbs recoil spring.

Just be aware that an 11 lb. spring calls for a through understanding of how the gun works, as well as regular testing to ensure continued safe function....

i've "tweeked", modified, and flat out changed ejectors to aid in ejection. no reason you couldn't play around with the ejector.

Try changing out the spring that holds tension on the the ejector. It's called the extractor depresser plunger spring.

Let us know if that works.

Edited by chp5

chp5 Posted Jun 6 2008, 08:00 PM

Try changing out the spring that holds tension on the the ejector. It's called the extractor depresser plunger spring.

I have two 3rd generatin 34's and neither of them have a spring on the ejector. Is there an old style ejector for the 34,s?

I have two 3rd generatin 34's and neither of them have a spring on the ejector. Is there an old style ejector for the 34,s?

I think the confusion is coming from "ejector" vs. "extractor". The spring puts pressure on the extractor. There is no spring associated with the ejector.

I think the confusion is coming from "ejector" vs. "extractor". The spring puts pressure on the extractor. There is no spring associated with the ejector.

Exactly! Sorry - I used ejector once and then extractor in my post. . .

I have the same problem with my glock. On two occasions I have had the brass get stuck in my shooting glasses, and it burned my eyelid.

This happened to me ONCE, now I always wear a cap when shooting pistol. Even with an 11# spring I get brass landing on my head and arms (and sometimes right on the slide!).

Yeah, I usually use hat and shooting glasses both for the same reason.

Most of the female shooters on our range have gotten into the habit of wearing round collar tops or stay buttoned up. Hot brass in the decolletage leaves marks. I've taken a couple hot forties down my open collar shirt, so I too have done the hot brass shimmy.

Edited by kevin c

Most often bending the ejector up and a bit towards right will do the job. Just pay some attention to check that slide fits to move without ejector touching it. The other way is to hold the gun tightly. ;) I don't get the brass on my head but a head shorter lady does when trying my Glock.

Bad picture, but shows how little can solve ejection problem. Useful with OKO-sight (G19) too. ;) If this doesn't help, file the end of the ejector so that the highest point of the ejector hits the shell.

ejek.jpg

-JamShot

I put an 11 lbs. recoil spring in my G34 and had light primer strikes, when I pulled the trigger you could see the gun move out of battery ever so slightly. To make a long story short I put the stock spring back in and haven't had an issue since. Good luck, Dan

Dan, did you try a lighter FP spring?

It doesn't always work (and it didn't for me with an 11# ISMI recoil spring), but the lighter Wolff FP spring in my G35 doesn't open the slide against the cut down 13# ISMI I'm using.

There is an excelent AGI video called "Making Glocks Rock" that addresses this. The fellow recommends stoning the tip of the ejector slightly and testing. Repeat a little at a time until it is fixed.

If the gun is old and worn, try replacing the Trigger Housing w/ ejector, they only cost around $5

...now my 9mm brass out of my G34 is hitting my hat,...

If you don't like brass hitting your head and the gun is working perfectly, you might want to cut off the head.