Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Best Friend

benos

Hey Brian - He's a good looking pup! He looks like an American Sheppard, a little smaller version of a German Sheppard. We currently have two Sheppards, one American and one German. The large sheppard in the picture is the puppy (Maxx 19 months old), he's a German sheppard, his sister is a bomb dog and brother is a drug dog, who both currently work for the State Police. The smaller in the picture (Stoli 2.5 years old) is an American Sheppard, her brother and sister are both black in color and look simular to yours.

They are great dogs and best friends!

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

Tim

Brian,

He might have a little border collie in him.

They have energy levels like speedy goonzalez on crack and they're very intelligent.

I have a Golden Ret and shes a good dog.

My 2nd golden.

Just remember when training dogs: "It's ok to treat your dog like a human because he'll treat you like a dog."

I told my kids when they would get frustrated with the dog not doing what they wanted "We're supposedly the smart half of the dog/human pair so we have to learn to "speak" dog since he's not going to learn to speak english anytime soon."

JK

• 1 month later...

The Lily Monster at about 20 pounds.

We brought her home at 8 weeks and 13 pounds.

Golden Retriever.

Great buddy.

She loves to swim and is afraid of plastic bags and parked cars and power tools.

Shes a demon toward empty water bottles, squirrels, and cats.

Never catches any of the animals but definitely protects the yard against their invasion.

Also likes to fetch balls from the pool but YOU have to continue to play or she does the dog water shake all over you.

She just about 80 pounds and 1 year and 9 months old now.

JK

post-14094-1216263062.jpg

I used to have a girlfriend who had a big black German Shepherd named Eager. The name fit.

Let me preface this by saying that for years I didn't like dogs, especially German Shepherds - a legacy of the time when I was 15, riding my bike down the road, and this big white German Shephere bit me. And I wasn't messing with him or anything, I was just riding my bike down the opposite side of the street from his house, when suddenly here he comes, out of the back yard, across the front yard, across the street, to bite me on my bare left leg. And yes, he did puncture the skin. a_-hole.

So then I go over to Hyla's cabana for the first time, and I meet Eager. I was like, "Oh, it's....a German Shepherd. How nice."

But Eager was like an ambassador to the canine race. You couldn't not love Eager, he was just so sweet and even-tempered and mellow.

By the time Hyla and I broke up, I loved that dog more than her.

• 11 months later...