Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Mag. Release

shooter757

So by that logic, milling one eleventy-billionth off of the interior of teh slide of my production gun is as appropriate as doing the same off of my extended mag release?

Technically, that's not an external modification - so yes, it's legal and you can mill off more if you wish. Heck, you can use a different slide altogether. As long as the weight isn't more than 2 oz over factory weight.

So by that logic, milling one eleventy-billionth off of the interior of teh slide of my production gun is as appropriate as doing the same off of my extended mag release?

Technically, that's not an external modification - so yes, it's legal and you can mill off more if you wish. Heck, you can use a different slide altogether. As long as the weight isn't more than 2 oz over factory weight.

21 Authorized modifications

(Strictly limited to these

items and their stated

guidelines)

•Internal throating and polishing to improve accuracy,

reliability and function

•Sights – trimmed, adjusted, replaced, colored, or

fiber-optic.

•Slide – refinishing. Milling of slide – only as

required to insert sights.

•After-market slides and barrels – provided they are

the same length, contour, and caliber as original factory

standard.

•Grips – Internal beveling. Checkering, stippling, and

addition of grip tape or grip sleeves. (see Appendix

E4)

•Exchange of minor components (springs, safeties,

slide stops, guide rods).

21 Authorized modifications

(Strictly limited to these

items and their stated

guidelines)

•Internal throating and polishing to improve accuracy,

reliability and function

•Sights – trimmed, adjusted, replaced, colored, or

fiber-optic.

•Slide – refinishing. Milling of slide – only as

required to insert sights.

•After-market slides and barrels – provided they are

the same length, contour, and caliber as original factory

standard.

•Grips – Internal beveling. Checkering, stippling, and

addition of grip tape or grip sleeves. (see Appendix

E4)

•Exchange of minor components (springs, safeties,

slide stops, guide rods).

Yes, as per vluc's highlights, no more milling, as I discovered to my chagrin after buying a LW slide with front cocking serrations and bevelled rails... :wacko:

(sorry 'bout the drift - I'm still peeved...)

Edited by kevin c

Yes, as per vluc's highlights, no more milling, as I discovered to my chagrin after buying a LW slide with front cocking serrations and bevelled rails... :wacko:

Interesting, didn't someone get an official ruling on the LW slides? I seem to recall a thread on that topic.

Slav

Thanks Flexmoney for clearing things up....Well wouldn't you know, I just noticed two "wear" spots on the corner of my mag catch! :roflol:

Do what you will.

Know that it is against the rules.

Know that I've worked chrono and I know my way around a Glock.

Know that other chrono guys know their way around Glocks.

You asked about shooting major matches... Know that I have heard of others calling the rules tighter than I likely would.

Good luck.

Interesting, didn't someone get an official ruling on the LW slides? I seem to recall a thread on that topic.

Slav

I do believe that the LW with the front serration was deemed legal by John A. in another thread.

NROI Rulings

Title: Aftermarket Slides for Glock's

Created: 5/08/08

Updated: 5/20/08

Effective: 5/20/08

Rule number: Appendix D4 item

Applies to: Pistol

Ruling authority: Director NROI

Question

Is it legal to put a Lone Wolf after market Glock 34 slide and barrel on a Glock 17 and still be legal for Production division? Lone Wolf adds front cocking serrations, a lowered ejection port, a bull nose and is stainless steel.

Ruling

Glock's do not have the front serrations, an owner of a Glock is not allowed to mill their slide for anything but fitting a sight as per item 21 of Appendix D4, therefore, buying an aftermarket slide that has the front serrations cut into it, does not fit within the guidelines of the original factory contour or standard as specified in the same item.

Slav

I do believe that the LW with the front serration was deemed legal by John A. in another thread.

You're correct --- and then he changed his mind.....