Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cramming The Day Before

I just stick to my practice routine and make sure that I have all my gear in the bag and ready to go the night before. And I always listen to my White Zombie/Rob Zombie collection the morning of the match to get pumped up.

In powerlifting we use to say, " You can't really get any stronger the day before a match, but you can sure get weaker." I think shooting is very similar. Not a whole lot you can do to improve the day before a match. Relax and hydrate the day before.

Edited by baerburtchell

As Flex said, a bit a dryfire just to convince myself that everything still works, particularly reloads. See a clear front sight picture, move crisply from the legs, hit the draw with consistency. Otherwise just get some sleep, have a good meal, get up early enough to eat and wake up.

H.

I like to watch Braveheart or something. Movies like that get me good and pumped up.

Yeah, watching a good, inspiration flick can be a great way to get ready, and keep some "normalcy" around the day before a match ;) A little light dry fire maybe, and that's about it...

What about "3000 Miles to Graceland"? I love the gun fight scenes in that movie.

• 1 month later...

the night before a match i usually try to eat a good dinner. I also make sure that all of my gear is ready. I always make sure the battery in my open gun is not dead. I also make sure that my mags are clean and the same with my gun. The key is SLEEP!!!!! You need to get a good nights sleep before you shoot.

You aren't going to do any skill building the night before a match. If you dry-fire, do so to make yourself feel better. It should be a positive (confidence inspiring) session.

I was going to say something similar to that. I learned to be careful not to "learn anything new" the night before a match.

The responses on page one were excellent. I have since switched to eating a small breakfast the morning of the match and this has stopped the shaky feelings. The G-2 drink seems to work well for me during the match. The key for me is to start drinking fluids immediately after the first stage. Of course hydrating several days prior is important also.

The night/day before I like to do my normal dryfire routine and get to sleep as early as possible. I tend to wake early as it is.

Equipment wise, I clean my mags and lube the gun. Cleaning the gun was done at least a hundred rounds prior.

I've not found anything to control the jitters of a major match but I do remind myself that I have prepared as well as possible and the results will be what they are........

I start by cleaning my Gun and Mags. I check my bag for all my gear. I do a little dry fireing in front of my safe as I have had little live fire time lately. I make a habit to dry fire evry night. I take my nightly vitamins and supplaments. Last befor an early nite I always leave myself a note on my wallet

" Money,Food,Water " otherwise I'll show up with out them.