Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Virginia Regional Smith & Wesson Steel Shoot

Hello Fellow Shooters,

We are glad to announce the first Virginia Regional S&W Steel Shoot on 1-3 August 2008 to be held at Fredericksburg Rod & Gun Club (located at 10101 Benchmark Rd. Fredericksburg, VA 22408).

Our sponsor has been extremely generous and has donated numerous guns which will be distributed by random drawing for each competitor entry (for each gun you shoot, you receive an additional chance at the drawing.) Grand prize winners will receive cash. Division paybacks will be based on numbers of entries.

The match application is available on the Steel Challenge web page at http://steelchallenge.com/affiliated-match-schedule/ Get your entries in early to guarantee the time slot you want to shoot.

GT Targets will be running a two stage SHOTGUN SIDE MATCH with a cash pay out. Bring your shotgun, you don't what to miss it....

For additional information, please contact me at bad320@aol.com

Later,

Tino

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, We are going down for the match, three of us shooting 9 guns. Chris is going to set up the shotgun side event, most likely two 5 round strings with the total time as your score, with cash payback. Tino already has over 200 signed up, should be a great match. see you there, karl @ GT

RO'ing all day Saturday and shooting Production on Sunday. I just don't have time to play around developing a load, testing the gun, re-zero it, practice, etc., etc., etc..... <_<

RO'ing all day Saturday and shooting Production on Sunday. I just don't have time to play around developing a load, testing the gun, re-zero it, practice, etc., etc., etc..... <_<

I feel your pain, Todd. Its taken me months to get loads squared away. Finally, I am comfortable with what we have worked up. Of course, during practice yesterday the rimfire started acting up.... :wacko::angry2: Maybe between the house-work today I can find time to fix it. See you next weekend.

Is there a website for the club - i.e. with a map to the range? I have not been able to find one and its been a while since I have been there.

What about checking in? Is it at the range? Hotel? Anyone know? thanks.

Jack.

Tino sent this out about hotels, although it was sent out on 7/5 so the rates may not be in efeect anymore.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Match Hotel Offering Rooms at $75 per night...be sure to mention S&W Steel Challenge to get this discounted rate:

SLEEP INN SOUTHPOINT/5400 SOUTHPOINT BLVD/FREDERICKSBURG, VA/Phone: 540-710-5500

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Other Area Hotels:

Country Inn & Suites ($109) 540-898-1800//Comfort Inn Southpoint ($99) 540-898-5550//Hampton Inn ($99) 540-898-5000//Days Inn ($65) 540-898-6800

Range is located at 10101 Benchmark Rd. Fredericksburg, VA 22408).

Bruce

Is there a website for the club - i.e. with a map to the range? I have not been able to find one and its been a while since I have been there.

What about checking in? Is it at the range? Hotel? Anyone know? thanks.

Fredericksburg Rod and Gun Club

for GPS,

10101 Benchmark road Fredericksburg VA

Google map is off slightly you want the road the has the big orange disc on top of the pole to enter the range.

Check in is usually at the range

Alan

Bruce/Alan,

Thanks! I needed an address for the GPS.

Jack,

Also if you are heading to the range from the hotels they have changed the way to get on 17s from route 1. It is still fairly straight forward but it has changed slightly.

Alan

Just an FYI the Virginia/Maryland websight wont work or at least recently didnt work with Firefox, you have to use IE for the drop down directions and map icons to appear.

Well, we got to Fredericksburg and are looking forward to a fun match. Of course our 22 puked on us in practice yesterday. So it looks like we are going to have to drop rimfire. Damned! Oh well.

Got to see Todd Jarret shoot some today.

Well, my first steel challenge match is in the books. Wow, did I really stink it up. I shot with Todd, Rebecca, Scott, and Dave O. to name a few. I believe that I put too much pressure on myself and then tried too hard. Not the way to go, I should have just relaxed and shot. Easy to say, huh? Thanks to everyone who helped out with the match and congrats to the winners!

Hello, Barb just emailed the results a few minutes ago. they should be in your mailbox now.

It was a great match, Tino, Barb, Dennis, Todd & Gene did a great job. We will attend the next SC match for sure.

thanks, karl @ GT